two

aria's point of view

flashback to their eight-year old selves

"we need revenge, sean!" i tried to convince sean. "but that's bad." his high-pitched voice said once again. "but he teased you at school." i fought back. he stared into the blank sky, hesitating. "are you thinking right now?" i asked with my weird, girly voice. "fine, okay." he sighed as he stood up. "yay! i have a great idea." i smirked.

"we'll start after lights out."

-

so, here we were, crawling through a hole i created in mike's fence as we safely made our small eight-year old bodies fit through. "where's the gooey blob at?" i looked at sean, who looked incredibly worried. "here." he handed me the box of green slime. "hey." i placed my tiny hand on his shoulder. "he deserves this." he gave a small grin as his dimples barely showed. i poked it and his eyes crinkled like they usually do.

"i bet his window isn't open." innocent sean scoffed. oh, sean. he's stupid enough to leave one of his windows open. i chuckled. and i do know that you're stupid enough to think that dogs speak tree because they bark. i carelessly chuckled, while shaking my head. "only my sisters knew!" he loudly whispered. "yup. traded serris a burger for some gossip." i smiled.

"i am so getting mad at serris when i get home." he clenched his soft hands in silly anger. "well, then hurry up, pretty boy."

"slime." i stated as i spied on mike with a pair of binoculars. "thank you." i sang after sean handed me a box of gooey slime. after tossing a handful of slime into mike's bedroom through the window, we entered the open garage. last task.

he passed on the spraypaint. before making a huge mess onto mike's bike, we both put on the masks above our mouths and sprayed away. we were finally done and i taped a fool (: sign behind the seat.

i have been personally concerned about sean since we first met at school. he looked like the fragile kind, but he hid it from the others. sean's good at hiding things such as his feelings and his precious problems that kept him from smiling in the playgrounds or basically all public places in general.

sean's point of view

i felt a little relief now that i met her. and i guess you can call her a reckless eight-year old. she never told me about her, it was always about me. whenever i asked her about her family, she would change the subject. but i know one day she'll tell me.

goodnight, sean.
she smiled a small smile.

goodnight, aria.
i smiled a cheeky smile.

-

"sean, get up and get ready for school." i heard my mother's voice. next, she quickly opened the curtains, letting the bright light reach in the room. "mom." i grunted in complaint. "get ready, sean charles." that was the last thing she said before leaving the room.

i just remembered about last night with aria. it almost seemed that if it was just a dream. i wish i can relive last night.

about a few minutes of going over last night, i finally had the urge to get out of bed. i grabbed my small towel and walked to the shower.

-

"have a great day, sean." my sober father said as i got out of the vehicle. i sat on a bench with some shade and waited for aria to arrive.

finally, i saw her car pull in. i watched as she made her way to the bench. "last night was fun by the way." i said. "last night?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

it was a dream. it all didn't happen.