Chapter 2

The good news was she tagged the base. The bad news was she was hanging onto it for dear life.

Instead of teleporting near Linh, she teleported fifty feet above her onto a thick branch on the tree that was Tam's and Linh's base so technically Fitz and her won. She sighed. How bad of an aim did I have to be that I missed Linh by fifty feet?, she thought. She could try teleporting again but there were too many branches in her way. She opened her mind and looked for Fitz's location. She felt him moving closer to the tree with another person right behind him. Probably Tam.

Help! She sent out that message to her friends.

Soon she could see Fitz, Tam, Linh, Dex, and Biana gathering around the tree, looking amazed and scared at the same time. "How did you get up there?!" Biana yelled to her. "She teleported there, didn't you Sophie?" She heard Tam say. She looked to Fitz and saw him glaring at Tam. "Yes. She did. But everyone else was using their abilities so she had the right to." She heard Linh say. "I wasn't using my abilities!" Dex yelled. "Yes you were!" She heard Linh, Tam and Fitz say. She heard everyone start shouting and little cracking sounds. "Huh?" She looked over to where the branch was connected to the tree and saw a small crack forming. Uh oh.

"Guys! Guys! GUYS!" Sophie yelled. Everyone stopped arguing and looked up at her. "What is it?" Tam said. "Umm if I say that if you don't help me soon, I'll be elvin history." She sent an image of the cracking branch to everyone and Linh gasped. "Ok we need a plan. Biana, I need you t--." Fitz stopped and looked around. "Where's Biana?" He looked over to Tam and the others but they all shrugged. "Up here!" Sophie saw as Biana reappeared on the branch below Sophie. "Biana what are you doing up there?" Dex yelled. "I'm helping!" She shouted down to Dex. "Now Sophie, I want you to carefully push that branch down here with your telekinesis and get on this one with me. It seems pretty strong." Biana smiled and held her arms up just like she was catching a child. "Why can't you just your telekinesis?" Sophie looked how far down the fall from her branch was and gulped. "Mine isn't as strong as yours. Trust me." Biana looked over to the crack and all the hopefulness left her face for a second. Sophie looked too and saw why. The crack was getting bigger and it was already halfway through the branch. "OK. If I carefully push where the crack is, I'll only have three seconds to get onto your branch and onto the other side. If that doesn't work then hope the others can catch us with their telekinesis." Sophie cracked a smile and Biana gave one back. "Ok. I sent the message to everyone down there. Fitz thinks it's stupid, Linh thinks we're dead, Tam thinks we'll be okish and Dex thinks it should have been him." Sophie giggled and Biana did too. "Our friends have so much hope for us." Biana kept laughing but Sophie stopped. Her branch started leaning towards the ground.

"Ok. Let's do this." Sophie whispered to herself. She used only half of her mental strength to push the branch towards Biana. She felt as dozens of tiny hands wrapped around her and slowly lifted her off the branch. She looked down and saw Fitz and Dex's faces set with concentration.

Ok steady, she thought.

Steady....

Steady....

CRACK!!!

Sophie screamed as the concentration from her, Dex and Fitz broke. She fell on top of Biana, causing both of them to fall down. She tried to push all the branches back with her telekinesis as they fell. She looked further down and saw all her friends had doubt in their eyes. There was no way they could survive this fall. She heard Biana scream her name but she was inside her head devising a plan. Suddenly a pair of thin arms wrapped around Sophie, protecting her front. She opened her eyes and saw Biana crying into her shoulder. "Biana what are you doing?" She yelled. "Saving my friend!" Biana replied. She looked down to the coming ground and shut her eyes. "Sophie. Don't look." Sophie looked at Biana in a concerned way. "What do you mean don't--" The fall suddenly stopped. Sophie looked and saw that she and Biana landed on a branch. "Biana! We're alive! Oh my gosh, Biana!" Sophie got up from Biana. She saw that they were only fifteen feet off the ground. "Biana, look-- BIANA!" She looked at Biana who was still lying on the branch. Sophie crouched next to her and gasped. Blood was gushing from her hip, a small hole the size of a human golf ball was in the purple simple tunic she was wearing. In Biana's left hand, she was holding a short thick branch soaked with blood. Sophie watched as the blood drip towards the ground. She could almost sense the horror coming from her other friends. "Biana why?!" Sophie cried. "I told you I would protect you." Biana croaked. "Is anything else wrong?" Sophie said as she looked at the golf sized wound in her side. "My back. I hit it while we're falling down. I can't move my lower half." Biana looked directly into Sophie's eyes. "Get Fitz..." Biana shut her eyes and her head titled to the side. "Biana! Biana!" Sophie cried heavily.