Chapter 12

After her experiences with ogres, Sophie hoped never to see them again. Now one of her worst enemies was part one.

Sophie stared at Keefe who was grinning as he kept clenching and unclenching his hands.

"You gave up part of your humanity so you could beat us." Tam smiled as Keefe frowned at his direction.

"How thoughtful." Tam wiped a fake tear.

"Haha very funny Shade, but you're not worth this. Only the Moonlark is. You and your pathetic hydrokinetic of a sister are nowhere on my level now." Keefe cracked his knuckles menacingly and turned toward Sophie.

"Come on Foster, we have to end this. You know that while the Neverseen is still around. As long as I am still around. Your world is never going to be normal. We'll come at you with everything we've got until the Moonlark is no more and the Neverseen can finally conquer the world and rid all disgusting humans off this plane--"

"The only way you're going to end the Moonlark, I mean Sophie, is over my dead body." Tam had released Linh and stepped forward until he was in Keefe's face.

They looked at each other dead in the eye, straightening up to each other. Keefe with his inhuman green eyes and Tam with his pale blue ones.

Everything in the room stayed silent and the tension between the two increased more.

Coldness crept into Sophie's bones and she looked down at Tam's shadow crossing over her.

Look, I can't keep looking at him. You go near Linh and wait for my signal, Tam shadow-whispered.

Sophie slightly nodded and moved towards Linh, watching as Keefe shift his eyes slightly to look at what Sophie was doing.

She looked up at Linh whose eyes seemed glossed  over as she stared directly at the back of Tam's neck, slightly nodding every few seconds.

Biana was looking between Tam and Keefe and Sophie noticed that a small smile appeared everytime she looked at Tam.

Sophie looked back at Linh who seemed to be reaching in my pocket for something. Sophie gasped as Linh took her a small pocket knife and threw it at Keefe.

Keefe dodged it and the knife implanted itself in the wall behind him. Keefe laughed. "You missed."

"Check again." Linh said with a smirk on her face.

Keefe looked confused and felt the right side of his face where a long cut was produced from the knife. Though the city was red, it oozed with green blood. Sophie had to keep herself from retching at the disgusting sight.

"You really are a monster now. In the inside and now the out." Biana said with her hand near her mouth, seeming shaken.

Sophie looked and saw that Biana's eyes were back to their teal color and had a confused and shocked look on them.

"No Biana, I'm not a monster. I'm the Keefe you knew--"

"THE KEEFE I KNEW WOULD NEVER LET ME FALL NEARLY TO MY DEATH! WHO BETRAYED HIS OWN FRIENDS! WHO WAS SICK ENOUGH TO INFUSE HIMSELF WITH OGRES BLOOD! WHO WOULD TRY TO MAKE ME FORGOT WHO'S SIDE I WAS ON! YOU THOUGHT YOUR MEMORY POTION WOULD WORK BUT YOU FORGOT THAT I'M A VACKER AND MY MIND DOESN'T BEND FOR ANY OTHER!" Biana shouted as tears ran down her cheeks.

Keefe looked shocked at Biana's outburst.
"You weren't affected by the memory potion?"

"THAT'S ALL YOU SAY?! YOU TRIED TO MAKE ME LIKE YOU AND TORTURE ME AND ALL YOU SAY IS "YOU WEREN'T AFFECTED BY THE MEMORY POTION!" OF COURSE I WASN'T! I WAS FAKING IT!"