Chapter 5 (Part 2)

"Rough crowd." Keefe said as he looked around the silence field.

Sophie and her friends were all shocked by the appearance of Keefe. It had only been three weeks since they've seen him and he seemed so different. His features were chiseled like rock and he looked taller. Sophie felt as Fitz's mind strain under all the pressure and sadness and she tried to help by sending good vibes. Keefe seemed to smile wider and wider.

"Might as well reveal yourself too." Keefe said to the figure on the right. The figure on the right nodded and pulled off his hood. Honestly Sophie wasn't surprised to see it was Brant. But his face was even more gruesome and repulsive than ever.
New scabs and scars stacked on top of what was his left cheek. His mouth seemed to be scarred shut. His hair was like a dusty brown mop on his head. His hand was bandaged like Fintan's. It was a good thing that Sophie's stomach was hollow.

"Hey Brant. Grady wants to know how your stump is doing?" Dex said from his spot on the field, gesturing to the stump that used to be Brant's left hand. Sophie saw as a watermelon sized sphere of Everblaze appeared ten feet over her friends' heads and lowered slowly.

"Let's not do anything hasty yet, my friend. We need them so we can get out of here." Keefe put his hand on Brant's shoulder and whispered something in his deformed ear. The sphere of Everblaze vanished and Brant backed away from Keefe. Keefe smirked and walked towards Fitz. Her friends seemed to tense as Keefe got closer. He stopped five feet in front of them.

"Hey Fitz, how's Mr.Snuggles doing? Still keeping you comfy in bed?" Keefe snickered as Fitz turned as red as Mr.Snuggles and turned towards Dex. "And Dex, did Sophie keep that ring you gave her in level 2?" Dex clenched his fist as Keefe burst out laughing as he stopped in front of Linh and Tam. "I see that the co-presidents of the Freaks club are here." Linh buried her face in Tam's chest and Tam gave Keefe a very scary death glare. "Says the one who joined the same organization that killed his own mother." Tam spat at him.

Keefe froze in front of Tam and Sophie could felt the temperature in the field drop even more. Linh moved away from in between them and went towards Dex. Sophie could feel as the intensity between Tam and Keefe tighten more and more as they walked up to each other's face. Alvar, Fintan and Brant moved towards Keefe slowly. "As you said Keefe, don't do anything hasty yet." Sophie heard Alvar say as he got closer. Keefe and Tam's noses were almost touching as the string between them at its breaking point.

When I say run, run ok?  Fitz transmitted.

Why, Sophie replied.

Something bad is about to happen.

What is i--

"At least my parents actually wanted me." Keefe spat. The string broke. A scream filled the air and everything was plunged into darkness.
-----------------------------------

Ooooo, first time ever that I posted early.

-dab bow- 😎

-trips on the ground as I walk away- 😖

Anyways tell me what you guys think.

       - Cresent
-----------------------------------