Epilogue

Days could have went by and Sophie wouldn't have spoken to anyone. The thought of Keefe's betrayal kept replaying know her mind, the look of his blue eyes when he shoved the knife into her stomach and the sight of the small grin that showed on his face as she fell onto the ground.

The way he looked at peace as her body laid on the grass, experiencing near death.

It haunted her.

She attended school only for her studies, blocking out anyone and anything that could remind her of him. At lunch everyday, she would go over to the rose field where she found him and sit a random rock. Hoping that it was only a nightmare.

But it wasn't.

It was real.

Her friends tried to speak to her, to convince to just forget about him. But she couldn't. They thought she was breaking but it wasn't her mind that was, it was her heart.

She was all alone.

One day during lunch while she was sitting, someone walked into the clearing and sat next to her. She didn't say anything to the person, she just kept eating her mallowmelts.

"Sophie, you need to get over this." Tam said. Sophie kept quiet and looked at the sunlight seeping through the canopies of the trees.

"Sophie."

One mallowmelt.

"Sophie."

Two mallowmelts.

"Sophie."

Three mallowmelts.

I need water, she thought as she picked up a fourth one.

Suddenly the light in the clearing disappeared and the mallowmelts in her hand melted into black slime. Sophie retched as the slime coated the big rose under her hands, which caused it to release a foul smell.

She turned around Tam and saw his eyes were pale gray and his silver bangs seem to float in the new darkness. "Now will you speak to me?" He said in a menacing voice.

"Ok. Ok." Sophie said in a high pitch.

"Good." The darkness seeped back to where it came from and the slime on the rose dissolved into the petals, turning the gorgeous red rose into a black orchid. Sophie shuddered.

"Look, I'm just not over this yet. I was betrayed by him and nearly died because of him twice. I just need time to get this off my shoulders and readjust to life without him."

"No you don't."

"What do you mean?" She glared at him but Tam only gave her the side eye.

"I know you love him."

"I do not."

"Then why is your shadow telling me so?" Sophie looked over to see Tam's shadow crossed over hers.

Great.

"Sophie, you're heartbroken but separating yourself from the rest of the world doesn't help. You need your friends and we need you. Just think about it."

"I do miss Dex and Biana and Fitz and Linh and even you--"

"Ouch."

Sophie smirked. "You're right. I just needed to forget about Keefe and move on with my life. Sure there's an impending war with the ogres and sure the Neverseen might kill us all one day but I should enjoy the time I have now with you guys."

"Good. Now let's get back to xampus. I'm pretty sure Sandor is going crazy because I told him you were hiding in the restroom in the silver tower during lunch."

Sophie snorted and Tam smiled. He got up and put his hand out to help Sophie. She took his hand and got up, dusting off her skirt."

Sophie was about to say something but something was itching at the back of her mind. She reached inside it and saw Keefe standing there, holding her white thinking cap that they got at the end of midterms.

"Did you miss me?"

Sophie froze and saw Keefe as he paced slowly and twirled the thinking cap on his finger.

"This isn't over." Keefe cackled and the thought disappeared from her mind, leaving her shocked and speechless.

-----------------------------------
That was the end of Forgetten and the beginning of Lodestar. Shannon Messenger had posted the first chapter of Lodestar and I read it and I noticed that so many elements of the story are like mine.

So maybe I'm a psychic. 😏

Anyways I will make a sequel but I'll wait until I read Lodestar so I can start a concept of the next fanfiction.

This will be the final peace out from me for right now.

Thank you for over 2k reads.

Peace out,

Cresent.✌
-----------------------------------