Chapter 8

The sunlight nearly blinded Sophie as she appeared at Havenfield. She didn't even have time to check if she was faded before realization hit her.

Sophie fell to her knees as soon as the light left her, clutching her home crystal in her hand. Tears streamed down her eyes as she replayed what just happened in her head again.

This couldn't be happening. First Keefe, then Alvar, now Biana. Sweet, caring Biana. Sophie let out a scream that sounded like bloody murder and hit the ground hard with her fist. Soon Sandor, Grady and Edaline ran up to her.

Sophie, what's wrong, they said.

Why are you screaming, they said.

But Sophie didn't want to reply so she kept screaming and hitting the ground with her fist.

Soon four figures appeared from the light.

"GET ELWIN NOW!", one of them hollered.

Sophie immediately recognized the voice and stopped screaming. She turned around to see Fitz and Tam holding Linh by her arms, her leg horribly disfigured and the skin was bubbling.

Dex was the only one who seemed to notice Sophie straight away. He walked up to her and helped her to her feet. Sophie hugged him tightly, buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed quietly.

Dex tried to say something but Sophie couldn't hear it right.

"What did you say?", She muttered into his shoulder, her voice hoarse from screaming.

"I said where's Biana?" He said quietly.

Sophie didn't want to reply to that but she felt Fitz's glare from behind her back.

"Sh-sh-she...", Sophie started to shake, trying to not lose herself.

She sniffed and looked up to Dex's periwinkle eyes. She gulped and continued.

"She was taken." She said quietly.

"She was taken by Alvar." Sophie busted out crying.

Anger and sadness radiated from Fitz and Sophie knew most of that was towards her.

A loud, screehing sound filled the air and Sophie looked up to see Elwin had appeared with Bullhorn.

Bullhorn scurried to between Sophie and Linh and kept screeching. Sophie took one look at her hand and saw that her nails were nearly transparent.

"Everyone inside now. Dex, take Sophie to her room. Fitz, Tam, take Linh to Jolie's room and lay her on the bed." Elwin said.

-----------------

Sophie sat up on her bed as Elwin checked her vitals. Multiple light spheres circled around her as Elwin took notes and reached for different medicines.

"Your cells are so severely damaged, I'm surprised that you were able to stand at all without going through Dex." Elwin scribbed more notes down and grabbed three bottles of Youth.

"Slowly drink this and tell me how you feel afterwards."

"Emotionally or physically?" Sophie muttered.

"What was that, Sophie?"

"Nothing." Sophie opened one of the bottles of Youth and slowly chugged it. The liquid warmed her body, repairing the damaged cells and removing some of the minor cuts and scrapes on Sophie's skin.

She drank the two other bottles at a slower speed cause the warmth made her feel good temporarily.

Sophie saw as one of the light spheres circling around her turned pitch black. Elwin noticed too and set his notebook down.