Chapter 6 (Part 2)

Locating Tam, easy. Trying not to be impaled by his shadow, basically impossible.

His body was completely still while his shadow around him like a raging sea. All Sophie could say was "Wow."

As soon as they reached within ten feet of Tam. His shadow lashed out at them, trying to slice them up into little pieces. Sophie would have had her head chopped off if it wasn't for Linh.

"What do we do about his shadow?" Sophie asked. "Don't you have vanisher abilities or anything sleathy?" Linh asked. "I don't think so. I could blink but he can sense vanishers." Sophie sighed and Linh looked down.

Suddenly Linh got up and started to walk over to Tam. Sophie got up with a look of horror on her face. "What are you doing, Linh?" Linh turned towards Sophie with a frown on her face. "I just found out one of Tam's weaknesses." Linh stepped right in front of the shadow. She did a small sign with her fingers and the shadow targeted her.

Before Sophie could say anything, the shadow stabbed through Linh's bicep. Sophie let out a gutteral scream as Linh clutched her arm and backed away but the shadow stabbed through her foot, pinning her in place. Tears fell from Linh's face but she didn't scream. Sophie kept screaming but she was too terrified to move.

The rest of the shadow formed a huge point and rose about 10 feet in the air. Sophie stood in horror as her friend was about to be shish-kabobed. The shadow then moved in to strike. The movement broke Linh's silence and she screamed, "Tam! You're hurting me!"

The shadow froze mere centimeters away from Linh's back. Tam's body started to turn towards and Sophie saw as the mask of darkness left his face. The shadow disintegrated and the darkness around them exploded, leaving them back in the field that they were in.

Sophie looked over at Linh and saw she was perfectly fine. There was no hole in her arm and foot and the gash on her head seemed like in never happened.

Tam ran over to Linh and hugged her tightly. Sophie couldn't really hear but she saw as Tam's mouth move to form the words 'I love you'. Sophie also noticed tears running down his face.

Tam's weakness is Linh, Fitz transmitted to her.

Where have you been, Sophie transmitted back.

Look up.

Sophie looked up and saw Fitz levitating in mid air with Biana in his arms. She gasped when she saw Keefe was also floating in the air with Dex in his arms. If Sophie wasn't scared out of her mind right now, she would have laughed.

She heard groaning and looked behind her to see Brant, Fintan and Alvar laying down on the branches of the tree they tied Sophie too.

"What happened?" Dex said sleepily. He looked at who was holding him and screehed. Keefe screamed too and they both fell to the ground, hard. As they were both groaning, Fintan easily climbed down the tree and cleared his throat.

"It seems like we're not the only unstable people here. Your Shade just sent us into his mindscape, filling our minds with our deepest, darkest regrets." Fintan squeaked at the last word and Sophie didn't feel bad for him.

"But how was Linh able to find Sophie in my mindscape?" Tam asked, clutching onto Linh even tighter.

"She was your weakness, you protect her and vow never to hurt her. But your mindscape did, that's why you were broken." Sophie tried to whisper but everyone seemed to hear her.

Everyone was silent. Fitz gently lowered to the ground and put Biana on her feet, though the serum Elwin gave her seemed to be working faster cause Biana didn't look that dead anymore. Dex and Keefe got up and straightened their capes and glared at each other. Brant and Alvar were able to get down from the tree and stand protectively around Fintan.

"After this event, I realize we don't need just the Moonlark anymore. We need the Moonlark and the Shade. With their abilites combined, they could rule the world." Fintan said with a crazed look in his eyes.

Before Tam could protest, Linh stepped in front of Sophie and Tam and put her arms in front of them. "If you want them, you have to get them from my cold, dead hands." Linh grumbled.

"With pleasure." Fintan and Brant conjured a basketball sized sphere of Everblaze. "Get back!" Linh used her telekinesis to throw Sophie and Tam far from her. Just as they landed, Brant and Fintan launched the Everblaze at Linh.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!"