Chapter 7

The Everblaze exploded when it got to Linh, forming a huge circle around her but it didn't seem to touch her. It just stayed around her. When it tried to touch her skin, glittery liquid would put it out.

"How.....?" Tam said in an exasperated tone. Sophie was just at a loss of words. "She's a hydrokinetic. She can control anything with water in it." Fitz said. "But nothing can stop Everblaze except...." Tam said. "Except Frissyn. She coated herself with Frissyn. If she isn't careful, she could put out herself." Fintan said.

"Risky but clever. If you weren't so nice, I would ask you to join the Neverseen." Keefe said with a grin on his face. Sophie saw Tam give him a murderous glare and his shadow crept closer to Keefe.

"Watch it, Shade. Though our sister can put out our flames doesn't mean she can stop those two." Fintan pointed to Alvar and Keefe. Tam laughed in a sort of evil way. "What can they do? Give me an invisible slap and tell me how I'm feeling after. You might as well make us fight Sophie's imp." Fitz said with a smirk. Tam laughed even louder and Dex joined it. Even Biana seemed to smile a little.

Fintan ran his hands along his hair. "Kids these days. Can't even take a life and death situation seriously. All alright how about we do this medieval elven way?" Fitz, Dex, Tam, Linh and even Biana gasped. Sophie tilted her head with confusion.

What's the "medieval elven way"?, she transmitted to Fitz.

It's when opposite abilites go against each other in a duel, he transmitted back.

To the death, Tam shadow-whispered.

Thanks...., Fitz transmitted.

"Ugh now you're letting the Shade join our telepathic conversations." Keefe groaned. "Me and Brant are both Pyrokinetics but there's only one hydrokinetic so I'll fight the Shade and Brant will take on the girl since he won't go easy on her. The technopath will go against the vanisher. And Keefe will go against the Vacker boy."
Fintan grinned.

"What about Sophie and Biana?" Dex said out loud. "Oh right. Brant you go against those two. I'm sure that Ruy won't mind going against the Shade." Alvar whispered loudly and a cloaked figure appeared suddenly. "I would mind. I would like to have a word with Sophie." The figure took off his hood and revealed Ruy. The anger in Sophie was at its tipping point but she held it in.

"Fine. The Shade against Brant, me against the Hydro, the Techno against Alvar, the Vacker against Keefe and the weak ones against Ruy. Ok? Ok." Fintan pinched the bridge of his nose and made a baseball size ball of Everblaze. "Let the fight begin!"

He threw the Everblaze at Linh, which she deflected with a shield of Frissyn. Fintan walked forward as he made more and more balls of Everblaze and threw them at Linh. Linh backed away as she deflected every last one of them. Fintan laughed maniacally as he walked and saw no one else had moved. "Move!" He yelled as he kept throwing Everblaze at Linh.

That woke everyone up and chaos rained. Keefe ran up to Fitz and started to fight him physically. Fitz would use his telekinesis to slow down Keefe's movements. They were both using moves that Della taught them long ago. The crazed look on both their faces were sent shivers down Sophie's spine.

Tam and Brant were really going at it. Tam used his shadow-vapor to swallow the fire that Brant threw to him but it seemed to decrease his energy. Suddenly they both froze and Brant covered his ears and fell to the ground, silently screaming. Tam stood perfectly still as a evil grin crept on his face. Sophie guessed he was using his mindscape thing as a low scale.

As for Sophie and Biana, Ruy just trapped them in a forcefield. Though Biana could stand now and Sophie didn't entirely know how, they couldn't fight Ruy. "Ahh the great Sophie Elizabeth Foster, nice to meet you again." Ruy said with a grin on his face.