Chapter 2

Tal's thoughts swirled like a raging blizzard. The thought of these twin amulets would not leave her in peace. Even now as she worked upon a dagger that needed some hardcore clean up, the amulets wandered to and from her though it did not disrupt her working mindset. It bugged her to know that them amulets were a consent thought, and that the amulets were beyond her reach. Eventually her mind returned to her work, but she was quickly interrupted by Treian. "Ah...um... Talarine?"

"Yes?"

"We have an issue."

"An issue?" Talarine finished the dagger and looked to her second. "What is this 'issue' might I ask?"

"Well you know how we've expanded towards Westmarch right? Well one of the younger wolves near there has picked up the scent of a vampire entering into the town."

"What?!" Talarine exclaimed with a hint of rage. "When?"

"Just a moment ago, they were asked to investigate a killing when the scent was picked up. They followed it to the Nesardo Clan house and the word around Westmarch is that the last living cousin of Salene Nesardo, may she rest peacefully, has moved into the building there."

Talarine thought for only a moment, "gather the pack, this is something I will have to discuss with Xypherius, and if possible Tyrael and Zayl. To see what should be done about her. What is her name?"

"Um..... Wildarmu... Yes that's her name Wildarmu. From what I understand she has.no last name which is slightly odd. Ah Talarine?" Treian asked worridly as Talarine blanched.

"Wildarmu?"

"Yes why is that bad?"

"Not fully but she is a very dangerous vampiress, just gather the Shadows and Deltas do not do anything until I give the say so." Talarine watched him leave. If she lives then... Then we are doomed unless she can be recruited to our cause. It looks like this may need the attention of the entire Council and they will not be pleased. Talarine called out to Xypherius and when he appeared she was quick to inform him of Wildarmu's return.

"She could be recruited to our cause." Xypherius spoke thoughtfully. "I see a look of 'but' on your face, what is it?"

"She will not be so easily swayed. Only through hand to hand combat will she even bother to think about joining our cause."

"Then Imperael can best her." Xypherius spoke as Talarine shook her head.

"No, she will not dare face a powerful archangel."

"Okay...maybe I could-"

"To the Hells no." Tal snapped, this was something she refused to let Xypherius do.

Xypherius looked slightly surprised at her sudden outburst. "If we present this matter to the council, someone will have to be picked to best her."

"Wildarmu grew up in a barbarian clan, don't ask which one I don't remember, she is now a vampire and therefore no mortal can challenge her without facing death as she is both a strong warrior along with an ability to wield magic." Talarine's eyes grew sad. "Only another 'mythical' being like her can face her and live. Only a werewolf or another vampire can call a duel to her."

"We know of no Vampires..." Xypherius frowned until Shade walked in.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked as both turned to him.

"Shade, are there any werewolves that you have come across that would challenge a powerful Vampiress?"

"No. We dream wolves are the only 'trueborn werewolves' who could do such feats."