|> Near x Reader <|

[Near x Reader][Edited May 10th 2019]

-

     You were working with Near and the SPK (that's what it's called, right?), trying to catch Kira. You were from the Wammy house along with Near. You and him had never been particularly close friends, but you both respected each other, it was like that even when you were younger children.

    You had moved out of the Wammy house a few years ago and lived with a few friends, but still did work at the Wammy house, helping out with the kids there. You had been over here with Near for about a month now, and you were really missing everyone back home, even the brattiest kids at the Wammys.

    You were ridiculously home sick, but tried your best to keep it hidden, but it apparently wasn't working. Although you didn't know it, the SPK members had picked up on the gloomy aura around you, in a stark contrast to your normally bright and sparky personality around them. Even Near, who was so wrapped up in the Kira case, who would never normally notice, had spotted the drastic change. For a supposed genius, he could be surprisingly narrow-minded.

     "Near, I think there may be something bothering (Y/N)." An SPK member said to Near, who was crouched on the floor with another ridiculously complex puzzle, staring at a piece inquisitively.

     "Yes. I can tell. I'm going to speak to her, I would appreciate some privacy." Near said dismissively, stealing a look at you, sat curled up on a comfy chair, staring blankly at a wall. He could practically see the cogs whirring in your mind. You flinched and stood up, moving to follow the rest of the SPK who were being ushered out of the room, presumably under Near's instructions that you missed, yet again.

    "No. Near would like you to stay." A random member told you and you searched for anything you've done recently that might get you in trouble. You could think of a lot. You sit back on the sofa. Normally, you would sit formally with your legs crossed and upright, but you were missing home so much, you didn't even have the motivation for that, so you threw yourself back down in a laying position, closing your eyes. You stayed like that for a few minutes, it was surprisingly peaceful without all the noise. You hadn't thought anywhere could be as peaceful as home. When you heard footsteps moving towards you, you made a pitiful effort to sit upright.

     "Are you comfortable like that?" You paused a moment for thought.

     "Well, yes." You said in confusion, why should that matter?

     "Then stay like that." He said in a firm voice. Commanding, almost. You positioned yourself comfortably again and turned yourself to look at Near, who was crouched on the floor, like he always does, in front of the sofa where your head was.

     "We've noticed some odd changes in your behaviour, (Y/N)." Near said and you braced yourself for a long lecture. "Is something bothering you?" You blinked in surprise.

     "No." You lie. You don't like to lie to people, specifically not Near, but this was an exception.

    "I know there's something wrong." He states plainly. You direct your eyes upwards at ceiling.

     "Nope." You try and make your voice sound lively but it's just dull and conveys the sadness you aren't explaining.

    "Tell me." Near insists.

    "I shan't." You say childishly.

    "(Y/N)." He says and you slowly turn your head to face him, meeting his eyes. "Tell me what's wrong."

    "No." You state with a slight smirk. You're actually beginning to forget why you were sad, and it always made you grin and smile to yourself, watching Near get wound up and annoyed because when he was, he was just so damn cute.

    "In that case, you leave me no choice, (Y/N)." You hold back a giggle at him sounding like a comic-book villain. You do wonder what on earth he could be talking about...

     Until his dainty fingers reach your sides and you squeal at the ticklish feeling. His fingers dance mercilessly and you are soon in unwanted hysterical laughter. You roll completely off of the sofa and land with a soft thud on the floor. He pauses a moment to make sure you're okay. You have a moment or two to catch your breath, before it starts all over again and you are gasping for breath through your loud laughs. Near chuckles to himself at you squirming under his playful touch.

     You try to swat his hands away, and Near soon finds that you are rather successful, but he doesn't want to stop tickling you. He swings a leg over your body to keep you caged to the floor, and continues his assault on your sides. You notice the situation as his fingers begin to slow and retract from your midsection. Near is simply looking down at you with eyes, unbeknownst to you, full of adoration.

     "Near?" You call his name nervously.

    "Don't speak." He commands and you gulp timidly. He sighs, closing his eyes, seemingly conflicted. You eyes him in curiosity when his own eyes bolt wide open. He leans in to you, gasping your chin between his thumb and index finger. His lips press gently on your and mould into a sweet, careful kiss. After a lingering moment, he pulls away and gives you an adorable (or creepy, depending on your view point) smile. You giggle at him slightly, still sat on your lap.

    "Will you tell me now?" He asks, somewhat timidly.

    "No." You shake your head with a smile. Suddenly, you didn't feel so homesick. Perhaps it was having a little piece of home right on your lap that did it.

    "Then you leave me no choice, (Y/N)." He repeats with a grin, making you blush deep crimson, awaiting whatever he planned to do now.

.................