|> L x Reader <|

[L x Reader][Edited May 10th 2019]

-

    When you were alive, you had been an assassin. The absolute best there ever was and no one could even touch you. You had a frozen heart that even the most dashing young men couldn't break through. Though, one man did. But he wasn't like most. Not like any others who had tried to win your heart, in fact, this man hadn't even tried. You had simply been called in to help out with the Kira case, in exchange for your files being removed from the police database, as I'm sure you can guess, being an assassin is very much illegal. After much scrutiny and many security tests, you were finally allowed onto the force. Of course, it would take the best to defend the best, wouldn't it?

     After a while of working the case, you gave in to your feelings, as spilled your heart out, shocking the famous detective, L, to the bone. He couldn't comprehend that you could like him back. Your relationship took off from there. He became your everything, and vice versa. You would do anything to protect him.

    You had been sent out on a job, nothing to do with the Kira case, but your services were still for hire. You had completed the job, but gained fatal wounds for your efforts. You had made it back to the HQ, but you had already lost too much blood, and everyone there could clearly see you would die, but L wouldn't accept it. He had begged and pleaded that you would be alright, but in the end, you died in his arms.

     Surprisingly enough, you had gone to heaven, despite the heavy count of sins committed by your own fair hands. You watched from heaven as your death surrounded his being. You could see your death had crushed everything about him. He seemed half the person he used to be. You watched over him from heaven every day, aching for him to be happy.

     Today, you were watching him, as usual. But something was off today. You could of course see the shinigami, but the one named Rem was acting unusually different today. You noticed a book in her hands. A death note. You craned forward to see who's name she was writing, and your heart thudded against your ribs at the name written in neat cursive. L Lawliet. That could only be one person. As she finishes scrawling the name, you feel tears dripping down your face, but smile tugging at your lips. You had been so incredibly lonely without L, and you could finally see him again. But perhaps that desire to see him again was selfish. He deserved to live, why must his death have come so soon? Through the conflicted feelings, you shake you head and turn away, seeing his agonised facial expression.

    You bolted from your watching spot all the way to the gates of heaven. Your heart pounded and blood swirled in your ear drums. As you neared the gates. You stopped breathlessly and stared in awe at the figure who was looking around blankly and you could just make out what he was muttering to himself.

     "Where on earth would I even start looking for (Y/N)? This place looks obscenely huge..." You move closer with a big idiotic grin slapped on your face.

    "How about right here?" His head snaps to you with wide eyes and a grin stretches on his face, a little light returning to his eyes. You both move quickly towards each other and you're enveloped in a bone crushing hug which you happily return. For the first time in months, you feel whole again. His lips are on yours for a sweet chaste kiss in seconds and a removed a moment later.

     "It's been a while." He whispers with a grin.

    "Yeah. Too long." You whisper back, connecting your lips again.

....................