|> Matt x Reader <|

[Matt x Reader][Edited May 14th 2019]

-

    You weren't sure why or how, but this was happening. Yourself and your normally loving boyfriend were locked in a heated conflict of words. It mustn't have been over anything of great importance, during as you couldn't even remember what it was you were fighting about.

     You wanted to just stop, cave in, say sorry, do whatever it takes to prevent this from going any further. But alas, pride is the downfall in us all. With all real meaning lost, all we can think as a human being is 'win'. Win. Win. Win by any means, even if the cost is tearing down yourself in the process. Is that a price too high to pay? Yes, but in the heat of the moment, who is there to tell you that?

    Everything was coming out tonight. Hidden secrets, buried truths, rotten lies. Rarely did any hit home, but when the odd one did, you could see it on each others face. Another swing at everything you had known with each other.

     Did you really mean what you were saying? Of course not. Did Matt? You couldn't tell. And that was what worried you the most. You couldn't tell the secrets from the truths from the lies. All you could do was hit something back and hope it had the same effect. And it did. But what for? All it did was tear both of you down.

     Words can hurt, you'd be stupid for thinking otherwise. You know what else can hurt? A perfectly timed slap across your cheek, leaving you to stumble backwards and lean against the wall in confusion and a somewhat foggy panic. A trembling hand of your own finds your face, hot and stinging. You just wonder what on earth, until it clicks that there's only one way this could have happened. And the look of pure horror on Matt's face and his recoiling figure just confirmed that.

     He had hit you. He had swore he'd never touch you. Never hurt you in any way. Never let any physical harm come to you. But what was he to do when he was the one who brought you harm? You didn't wait around to find out. You ran from the wreckage known as yours and Matt's relationship. Everything you thought you knew about him in tatters. Was anything over the past few months true?

     It all seemed so blurry and distant now, out in the icy rain, where you found yourself after fleeing the crime scene. How you wished the bitter cold could numb your emotions like it did your exposed skin. How you wished your tears could be swept away with the rain and your worries carried off by the wind. How you wished for some kind of respite.

     When bittersweet unconsciousness came knocking on your skull from being out in the elements for so long, you took it as a somewhat sour escape. You didn't know what might happen from here, hell, you may even die from being unconscious out here in the elements, but in that moment, you couldn't care less. You welcomed the aching darkness that was pulling at your senses with open arms.

-

     The warm and partially unwanted tendrils of life pulled you from your bitterly peaceful slumber. You could form only one clear thought. The sound of crying. You began to imagine it was an echo of your own sobbing, however long ago that was. However, you soon recognised it to be someone else. Someone you weren't sure you were ready to face yet.

    "Matt?" You whispered hoarsely, turning your head in the couch to face him, sat hunched and defeated on an uncomfortable looking wooden chair, overcome with wracking sobs.

    "(Y/N)?" His head shot up in an instant and your icy hands were clasped tightly in his. He was by your side without a second thought. You frown slightly at him, feeling the dull aching mark on your face throb. It was as if he read your mind and his lip quivered once again, threatening to drop with more tears. But instead of bearing out his tears, he decided to bear out his heart.

    "(Y/N)! You have no idea how much I hate myself for doing what I did to you. Hell, I can't even bring myself to properly say what I did, I'm so ashamed of it. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness and I know I shouldn't ask a single thing more of you, but I need you more than I can express. You are everything to me, my life revolves around you and I need you to just be myself. I know that me isn't the best and I know me isn't always the nicest, but its as much as I have and its all that I am, and I would give it all for you, (Y/N). You are everything I want and could ever need in this world. You're like a saviour to me and I love you with every piece of me." The tears trickle slowly down his face and you can feel your heart throb in your chest.

     "Matt." You catch his attention and give a slightly pained smile. "I forgive you and I love you." You lean down and press your lips to his, fixing up and healing all the wounds inside. This is just another thing to keep under wraps, and though it may hurt to pull yourself from the dark sometimes, as Matt would know, its for the best and keeps you safely in reality. It's better not to let anyone else know.

    You just hope the cracks from the many broken hearts won't show, or they'll all discover the secret to a pure love like that shared by you and Matt. It's that cracks that hold the bonds and the bonds shade the secrets.

....................