L x Reader: Beside you

L x Reader: Beside You

Inspired by: 'Beside You' by 5 Seconds of Summer

L's POV.

It's been a while since I last saw Y/N. She's at home, alone. I've spoken to her through the phone, and the odd video chat, of course. But it's just not the same. I miss holding her in my arms, and I miss the sweet way she smells. I miss the soft touch of her skin and I miss her silky voice. Her words charm me and her presence soothes me.

Since I've not seen her, I've been in a foul mood, and since I've not held her, I've been irritable and cranky. It's becoming increasingly hard to focus on the case, Y/N swims in and out of my thoughts all day. In fact, she is all I think about all day.

In short, I miss her. It's harder than I thought, not being able to see her. I hadn't realized how big a part of my life, my beautiful Y/N was, but she is my everything. Everything I do reminds me of her. It's not like I won't see her again, of course I will, but it just seems like so long away until I can see her, and so long ago I did see her.

I get a sick churning feeling whenever I think about Y/N and a lump forms in my throat. I so desperately just want to be with her again, that it practically aches. I have to do something to see her again, and soon.

Your POV.

How long has it been now? It's no good asking you, it's felt like years, and every second without L had been torture. You had been desperately missing him, so much that he was the only thing occupying your thoughts. He's all you could see when you closed your eyes, all you could smell if you tried hard enough, all that you could hear when you blocked out the sounds of busy life.

So, laying in bed, like you were currently doing, was even more torturous than normal. The double bed felt lonelier, colder. You couldn't even bare to face where L was supposed to sleep. It was sickeningly lonely. It wasn't even late, but you had nothing to do with L gone, after all, your evenings were always spent cuddled up in each other's warm embrace.

You could've sworn you just heard the front door open. You sit up in bed and listen attentively. Being the curious little whatsit you are, you get out of bed and slowly pad down the stairs and look in the dimly lit hallway. There, stood calmly looking at you, is the slumped figure of the man you love so.

"L?" You gasp.

"Y/N." He says dreamily, shuffling quietly towards you and you eagerly meet him in the middle, wrapping yourself in his tight embrace.

"I've missed you, Y/N." He whispers lovingly in your ear. "More than you could ever know~"

....................

Okay, This is kinda terrible, I know. But I was sort of getting lost with this one again? Ugh, hopefully the quality of my one shots will improve in the very near future, but until then, hopefully this didn't suck too many balls. Feel free to drop a request in the request box, on my wall or in a PM!