|> Light Yagami x Reader x L <|

[Light Yagami x Reader x L][Edited may 10th 2019]

-

    You were on the task force who were after kira, you see, you had been hand picked by L, who knew you from previous cases. You were a bright, hard working detective who combined simple logic with innovative thinking to solve some of the hardest cases around. But, you see, that meant you had no time for men, you were absorbed in your job and loved the thrill you got from it every day, especially the field work. So, when any man took interest in you, you simply couldn't tell.

    Much less when two men took an interest in you. You had noticed the tension between L and Light before, but never thought it could be anything to do with you. I mean, one man was accusing the other of being Kira, wasn't some tension expected? Yes, but you never noticed that the tension would always spark around you. You were so oblivious.

    So when a fight broke out a few moments ago about who you would work with today and the two dragged you outside into the hallway, you were utterly bewildered.

    "W-What's going on?" You furrow your brows and fold your arms over you chest, trying to set a firm gaze on them, having to switch who you were looking at every other second.

    "Are you really so naive that you haven't noticed, Miss (Y/N)? Maybe I overestimated you." L says with a shrug.

    "That's no way to talk to a lady, Ryuzaki." Light says, sliding an arm around your shoulders and you shuffle slightly, turning a deep red colour, not used to such close contact with men.

    "And that's no way to touch a lady, Light." L gives him a pointed look and you begin to slowly piece things together, and soon, all of the parts are in place, but, it can't be right, can it? Could both of these men like you? Thinking back to the various fights and times of tension, it did always seem to centre around you, but how didn't you notice? Never mind, surely you couldn't be right.

    "Wait." You silence the two men, and shake your head, as if to clear the cobwebs. "Am - Am I misunderstanding the situation here? B-Because, if I didn't know better, I'd say you both... Had a... Thing for me..." Your nervous chuckles fade away as you trail off when you notice neither man's expression has changed from the serious, determined look adorning both of their faces.

    "Hey, guess what-?!" Matsuda bursts through the door but is silenced when you hold a hand up.

    "Now's not a good time, Matsuda." L says dismissively, barely looking at him, before fixing Light with another hard gaze.

    "(Y/N), is everything alright?" His eyes are wide and he can definitely feel the tension, everyone could. You start to nod, but Light speaks up first.

    "Go, Matsuda! Stop bothering us!" He grunts and Matsuda scurries back inside, deciding it was for the best.

    "As I was about to say, you hit the metaphorical nail on the head, miss (Y/N)." L nods with a cute, lopsided grin. You face began to heat up even more and you uncrossed your arms, placing your hands on your cheeks.

    "You see, we've both taken an interest in you, (Y/N)." Light says, shuffling closer to you, tightening his arm's grip around your shoulders. "But there's a problem, (Y/N)." Light sighs and your eyes are suddenly wide with worry, and you're looking between the two in panic.

    "Yes. And, that would be, neither of us like to share." L's voice has dropped considerably, sending dangerous messages, directed at Light, who glares more daggers right back.

    "So, you're saying..." You begin, thoughts rushing through your head faster than you can keep up with, and you hear your blood drumming in your ears, you just can't believe this is happening, it's all so surreal.

    "We're giving you a choice." Light nods.

    "Me, or him." L confirms with a softer look in his eyes, but only when he's looking at you. Your heart is thumping wildly in your chest and adrenaline is flowing through you, with each passing second, you feel torn. Which one, which one? Heart or brain? Heart or brain? In the end, your heart wins out, and you make your choice...

    "I chose..."

-----