C.1~ Honorable Mention

". . .and in the end, we won. The point of this is to prevent yourself from starting World War III." Mr. Morgan, my History teacher, joked as he set his pen on his desk. I smiled up at him dreamily, wondering how he would look in a suit. Everyone else in the classroom laughed and stood up as the bell rang. I took the chance to look Mr. Morgan up and down. He was fairly young for a teacher. He was in his late twenties and looked like he had walked right out of a catalog. At the moment he was wearing normal work clothes, a button up royal blue shirt and black pants. He somehow even made an outfit like that look sexy.

"Rosie, are you okay?" My head snapped up at the husky voice.

"Yes, sorry Mr. M. I just zoned out." I said quickly as I gathered my things, my cheeks burning.

"Ah, so my teaching is boring?" He joked. I shook my head, my eyes bulging out of my head. God, Roise. Great way to make yourself look like a fool in front of him.

"Not at all, sir. I. . . I just have a lot on my mind." Nice save, Rosie. Now he probably thinks I'm being abused at home or something.

"I understand. You better head to lunch before your friends start worrying." I nodded and rushed past him. I stopped outside of the door, grinning at the smell of his cologne as it lingered in the air.

"Rose, come on!" My best friend, Britt Howard, yelled from across the hall. She was wearing the ugliest thing she possibly could. A pair of overalls and a bright orange shirt under it.

"That outfit is hideous." I said, approaching her.

"Thanks, Rose. I bet your feeling all tingly over your daydreams about Mr. Morgan." She wiggled her eyebrows, gesturing toward the History room.

"You are so funny." I muttered, ignoring my cheeks growing warmer.

"Oh come on, Rosie. Everyone knows you have a thing for Mr. Morgan. Everyone except him of course." She said, smirking.

"Whatever, Britt." I shook my head and she kept her mouth shut until we were at my table.

"Oh shit, is that Asher Davis?" I glared at her choice of words before glancing over my shoulder.

I could feel my face twist in disgust when I saw him. He was dressed in his usual clothes. Worn and faded jeans, a black-or on occasion white- shirt and his leather jacket it thrown over it. His light brown hair had been slicked back and even from across the cafeteria I could see his bright blue eyes filled with amusement.

"I thought he was in like Florida or something." Britt commented, looking just as disgusted as I was at the sight of the "Bad Boy" as I was.

"I did too." I mumbled. As if he could feel our eyes on him, Asher turned in our direction and winked. Britt flipped him off, pushing her dark brown hair out of her eyes.

"Come on, babe! You know you want me!" He yelled. The whole lunch room grew silent and I couldn't help but crack a smile at what I knew was about to come next.

"You're right. I do want you. I want you to jump of a cliff and die, Davis!" She growled. I laughed as Asher frowned at her.

"Oh yeah? Well I'd love to see you in my bed tonight." Everyone started laughing at his comment. She flipped him off once more before going back to her food. I was about to ask her if she was okay when I felt hands grip my shoulders.

"I take it you two girls still don't know how to keep your mouth shut." I let out a sigh of relief at the voice. Britt picked up her empty milk carton and tossed it at her boyfriend.