C.24~ We Were Doomed From The Start

"Is she dead?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

"No, you idiot. She's waking up." I recognized the second voice as Britt. I pried my eyes open, immediately becoming face to face with Britt and Stark, both of them staring down at me worriedly.

"What happened?" I groaned, rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes.

"I don't know. The doctor said you had some kind of panic attack and passed out. Your idiot brother didn't catch you in time, so that's why your head hurts." She was laughing. I frowned at her and sat up, regretting it once my head started to pound.

"Asher?" I breathed out, my eyes widening once memories of last nights started to flash through my head.

"He's at the hospital. Apparently he only shot Jacob in the leg, so the guy is being taken in for questioning and I have to be there on Monday." Britt explained, slapping my leg. I turned to Stark, his eyes were dark.

"Is he in trouble?" Stark shook his head.

"No. They're saying it was an act of self defense." I nodded, looking around my bedroom, letting everything sink in.

"Everyone is okay, then?" They both nodded.

"Yeah. I don't know if it would have turned out the same way if you hadn't been there, Rosie." Britt admitted, leaning back against my wall. Stark ran a hand through his black hair as he shook his head to himself.

"I wish I could have done something. I just stood outside waiting for the police. I could have talked Ash out of it, I could have made sure that he didn't do anything crazy." Britt laid a hand on his shoulder, staring at him sadly.

"You did what you could. Don't beat yourself up over it." He gave her a crooked smile and for the first time in a while I could see the two teens that had been so in love that they could barely see straight.

"I guess you're right. Rosie, I'm going to visit Asher in a couple hours if you want to come. The doctor said you should be fine in a couple days." I frowned again. When had their been a doctor in here?

"Okay. I. . . just let me know when you're going." He started to move toward the door.

"Until then," Britt said, grinning, "Let's go watch Supernatural."

      **

I walked behind Stark, my head still throbbing. Luckily after the first few hours that I stood up, the room had stopped spinning.

"He's in here." Stark paused outside of the door and gestured to the sleeping figure on the bed.

"I saw him this morning. He's pretty messed up. I don't know what he took, but it did something to him." I looked away from the figure on the bed and into Stark's blue eyes.

"Should we just wait until he's awake?"

"He probably is awake. He just doesn't want the doctors or the cops questioning him." I followed his eyes as he glanced behind us then pointed at the door.

"Let's go in." He held the door open and let me in, earning a stir out of Asher.

"Ash, it's me." Stark said, shutting the door gently behind him. Asher rolled over and turned to face us, his eyes bloodshot eyes growing dark when he saw me.

"I told you not to bring her." He groaned. Stark shrugged.

"She wanted to see you, bro."

"Well I don't want to see her." Asher snapped, groaning again as he turned his head away from us.