C.11~ You're Crashing, But You're No Wave

The next week and a half were unbearable without Britt. She avoided me like I was the plague. Stark, being the great boyfriend he was, stood by her side and ignored me too. Even though he sent me a sad or sympathetic smile every once and a while. The only thing that Britt had done was send me a text the night of the horrible date.

It's us or your little game.

It was moments like these that I hated that my best friend was so hard headed. She wouldn't budge, no matter how much I tried to get her too. I had ended up sitting by myself the first few days, but after that Asher had slammed his tray down and joined me, shocking the whole school.

"So, Lone Wolf, what's your next way?" He had asked the first day he sat with me. I stared at him in horror, but had eventually replied.

"Why would I tell you that?" I had responded.

We sat in the lunch room now, Asher stuffing his face with pizza and me stuffing my face with pudding as everyone in the cafeteria seemed to stare at us.

"You look out of it," Asher said through a mouth full of food. I looked away from the disgusting animal in front of me.

"What?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and wiped his hands on his pants.

"If you want me to talk to Stark and Britt I can. . ."

"I want you to leave me alone, Asher. The only time we should be hanging out is during the game or whatever you want to call it. You've been sitting with me everyday and making me look. . ."

"Making you look what? Desirable? Popular? What's so bad about me sitting with you? I thought that's what this little game was all about, getting to know you so I'd fall in love." He growled. I shook my head.

"No, this was about getting you to fall in love with me. No one said anything about spending time together."

"How do you expect someone to fall in love with you if they don't know a thing about you, Rosalie?" I pushed my tray into the trash, ignoring every pair of eyes in the room on us.

"This game was never about you actually falling in love with me." I snapped, "It was about you feeling the pain that you put everyone through. I would have never liked you Asher, so I highly doubt you would have liked me. We're two completely different people, from two completely different life's." I started to walk away but paused when he spoke up.

"You're a selfish, little perfect, Good Girl. Not in a million years would I dream of being with someone like you. You aren't worth it. There's a reason you have no friends, Hunter. Why don't you just shut your mouth, everyone likes you better when you do." I took a startled step back, tears burning my eyes at his words. I could see his eyes flicker with something similar to guilt before I shook my head and took off out of the lunch room, letting the tears escape my eyes as I ran.

***

"Rose? Let me in!" Darren pounded on my door. I wiped the tears from my cheeks as I stared at my locked door.

"Go away!" I screamed. I knew he'd want to talk about what happened, that Britt or Stark had told him. He would try to assure me that everything Asher said was wrong. . . but he would be the one that was wrong.

I was selfish. Here I was crying over something that idiot said when I could be sitting at Britt's, talking about how obnoxious he was. I could be sitting in the room next door with my dad. I could have tried to spend more time with my mom when I had the chance, I could have. . .

"Dammit, Rosalie! If I have to break down this door then you will be grounded until you have grandchildren!" I ignored my brother and rolled over so I was facing my wall.

"Rose," Darren's voice was soft now, calm. "Please open the door. I just want to talk to you." I sniffled.

"Go away, Darren." I replied. I heard him lay his head against the door.

"Brittney told me what happened, Rose. I told you that he isn't worth it. That he's. . ."

"It's not him, Darren." I moved off of my bed and walked toward the door slowly.

"Bullshit. I really should go kick his ass for making you cry like this." Darren responded as I unlocked the door.

He waited a few seconds to turn the knob and open the door. The minute he stepped into the room he pulled me against him. He didn't say anything for a while, he just let me cling to him.

"Britt told me about your stupid little game." He finally said, sounding more disappointed then angry.

"It was a stupid idea, Darren. I thought it would be a good idea. But I've only made it to the second way. . ."

"I think you should do it. Finish your ten ways." I blinked in surprise, my brother was smiling.

"The kid's a prick, Rosie. I know that's why you're doing this, because you want him to see what it's like. I think it's a good idea. If Britt and Stark are truly your friends they'll understand what your doing and start talking to you again." I was even more surprised by how he knew about our fight.

"How did you. . ."

"Britt doesn't know how to stop talking." He cracked a smile and ruffled my mop of blonde hair.

"Promise me you'll follow through with this until the end." He said, his expression growing serious. I nodded, still confused.

"Why do you want me to do this, Darren? Why do you want me to go through with it so bad?" My brother took my hand in his, his eyes distant as he responded.

"We're Hunters, Rose. And there's one thing that us Hunter's never do. We never quit."

**

I stood in the middle of our local park, shivering from the cold. I glanced around me, praying that some creepy homeless person didn't see me standing there wearing my brother's letterman jacket.

"You wanted to talk?" My head snapped up at the voice. I found Asher standing in the shadow's of the night, nothing but his blue-green eyes giving away he was there.

"Yeah," I whispered. He took a step out into the streetlight, waiting for me to go on. He was wearing a tank top and basketball shorts, something I had never, not even in my wildest dreams, thought I'd ever see him wearing. And look hot in.

"I wanted to apologize. For earlier." He nodded, his eyes shining in the moonlight.

"Okay." He muttered.

"And I want to finish my list, try and get you to fall in love with me." I swear I saw a hint of a smile on his face.

"Why? I thought you were only doing it to see me suffer."

"I'm not. I was mad, I didn't mean that. So, can I have a second chance?" I asked him, smiling. He took a step forward, nodding.

"Sure. Good luck." He started to back away into the dark night but paused.

"Hey, Rosie?" I was surprised that he called me by my actual name.

"Yeah?" I could hear the smile in his voice even if I couldn't see it.

"I knew you weren't a quitter." Then he blended into the shadows of the night, disappearing as if he were never there in the first place.

***AN***

Another uneventful chapter. I promise the next will be better.

Let me know what you thought anyway! 

~ChasingMadness24