C.7~ Caffeine Cold

The next few days were relatively normal. Every time that Asher sat down at the table I smiled at Stark and Britt before moving to another table.

"It's starting to piss him off," Stark had told me one day, "He doesn't like be ignored or avoided." I had grinned and Britt had laughed. It was working, he was starting to get pissed that I wasn't talking to him, that I was avoiding him. He deserved it, to feel the pain that he made everyone else feel.

Now as I waited in front of the school for Britt, I stared anxiously out into the parking lot for her.

"She left," Stark's voice snapped me out of my daze, "She passed out in Gym." I turned around in surprise. Stark stood a few feet behind me, staring down at his phone, Asher a few feet behind him talking to Lisett.

"Is she okay? What happened?" I asked, reaching for my phone in my purse. I sighed when I saw the black screen.

"I don't know. She said it was some kind of Caffeine cold. Like she drank too much coffee and Mountain Dew all day." I nodded slowly, trying not to laugh.

"That's a thing?"

"Apparently." Stark looked like he might start laughing himself. After a moment Asher and Lisett stopped talking and Lisett gave me a huge smile, showing off her perfect teeth.

"Stark can give you a ride, can't you?" She ran her hand along his bare bicep, earning a glare out of me. I cleared my throat and took a step forward.

"He has a girlfriend, you know." She shrugged, leaning her head against Asher's arm.

"I know, Rose. But he could do so much better than her. Even you are like way prettier then she is." I moved forward to shove her but Stark laid his hand on my shoulder and shook his head.

"It's not worth it, Rosie. I can drop you off on my way to Britt's." I grinned, letting my fists unclench.

"Thanks." He nodded and started to walk away, gesturing for me to follow him with his index finger.

"Ash, you coming with us?" Wait, what? I jogged to catch up with Stark and grabbed his arm, blushing when I realized it was his bicep.

"Why is he coming with us?" I hissed. Stark cocked an eyebrow and slid his phone back into his pocket.

"I was going to take him anyway, Rosie. If anything you are the one intruding." I rolled my eyes.

"Make him walk home." Stark snickered.

"No, he lives like a half hour away. Now get over yourself and go get in the car." I mocked him under my breath as I walked away from him.

"I heard that!" Stark shouted after me, amused.

"You were supposed too!"

***

I sat in the back of Stark's jeep, my arms crossed over my chest as I sat beside Asher. Lisett was giggling in the front seat, chatting up a storm whenever Stark would ask her something.

"Someone kill me now." Asher groaned as he slammed his head back against the seat. I didn't understand why until I heard what Lisett had started to talk about.

"Oh yeah? So he's good in bed then?" Stark sounded beyond amused. I could feel myself crack a smile as Asher shook his head to himself.

"Good? Not really. I bet you'd be better." She said, giving Stark a huge flirtatious smile. I could feel the smile immediately drop from my face at the cold comment. Asher had turned his face away from us, but I could still see a muscle in his jaw twitching.

". . . what about you, Rosie?" I snapped my eyes away from Asher and to the passengers seat.

"What?" Lisett rolled her eyes and turned to face me.

"Who was the best in bed? Out of your boyfriends, I mean." I could feel heat rush to my cheeks at the question.

"I. . . um. . ." I stuttered as Lisett rolled her eyes.

"You're still a virgin." She guessed. I crossed my arms tighter over my chest as I looked away from her.

"Lis," Asher reached up and laid a hand on her shoulder, "I'm going to kindly tell you to shut up." She mumbled something under her breath but broke into a whole different conversation as we pulled up to her house.

"Thanks, Stark." She leaned back and kissed Asher before pecking Stark on the cheek and jumping out of the car.

"I'll see you on Monday, Rosie!" Then she darted up the driveway. Asher sighed in relief beside me as his best friend pulled away from the enormous house.

"Dude, why the hell are you with her? Doesn't she annoy you?" Stark asked. Asher shrugged, his shoulder brushing against mine for a second.

"She has a nice rack, man." I made a sound of disgust and looked out the window.

"Oh come on, Rosalie. Tell me that you don't think Stark is hot." I ignored Asher, but I could see Stark glance back at me.

"Of course he is," I mumbled, "Everyone knows that."

"And if you got the chance to sleep with him, you would take it, would you not?" I gasped, whirling around to face Asher.

"Of course not! He's my best friend's boyfriend. I would never do that." Asher shook his head, still staring at me curiously.

"Suppose he wasn't. If Bryan Stark walked up to you and asked if you'd go out with him, would you?" I avoided the question.

"Why does any of this matter?"

"Stop avoiding the question, Rosie. Answer it." Asher said through his teeth. I looked out the window and at my house, my jaw clenching.

"Yes! Is that what you want to hear, Asher? I would say yes. I had a crush on Stark in middle school, he knew it. I don't see why the hell this matters. Now please leave me the hell alone." I jumped out of the car and slammed the door in Asher Davis' face.

***

"I hate you." I said into my phone, rolling on to my back.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know you'd be forced to sit in a car with Asher. God, I probably would have thrown up, and it wouldn't have been because I was car sick." I laughed, staring up at the ceiling. Despite her joking tone, I knew that there was more to what she said. She had always hated Asher, even before he became the Bad Boy, before he became a man whore.

"Whatever. It wasn't just them, Britt. Lisett was in the car with us and she would not stop talking." I heard Britt groan.

"That girl is like the biggest gossiper in school. I don't even want to know the rumors she'll spread about you." I nodded to myself, shutting my eyes.

I had told her about Lisett's whole 'virgin' thing. It had only pissed Britt off.

"Well I better go, Rose. Have fun with your boring weekend." I rolled my eyes as I muttered a goodbye and set my phone on the nightstand beside me. It was a only a few minutes later that I heard the door creak open. Darren stood in the doorway, a plate of chocolate cookies in his hands.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come binge watch something with me?" I smiled and stood up.

"Yeah," I finally said, taking a cookie off the plate, "I'd love that."

***AN***

Hope you enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24