C.14~ My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

"B. . . brother and sister?" I gasped. Stark was still staring at me strangely, his own blue eyes were filled with confusion.

"Haven't you been friends with Britt since like Pre-K?" I nodded slowly, looking up the hall to find Asher and Britt staring back at us.

"I. . . she never. . . they're related?" They really didn't look alike.

"Half. Asher's dad cheated on his mom with Britt's. Both of their mom's died a few years back so Asher's dad took Britt in." I shook my head, shocked. Is that why Britt never wanted to have sleepovers at her house? Is that why she always said she'd find a way to get to my house so I wouldn't have to pick her up?

"Guys!" Asher yelled, "You coming?" One of the custodians gave Asher a dirty look. He muttered something under his breath as Stark nodded.

"You should really talk to Britt. Obviously there's a lot that you guys don't talk about. Now lets go before Ash gets us kicked out of here." I followed behind Stark without a word, my mind racing with thoughts. Finally, I shut my eyes and cleared my mind, noting that I would have to pull Britt aside after the movie and force her to talk to me.

**

"That movie sucked." I grumbled as I followed Asher out of the theater, he was smiling.

"I thought it was pretty good. Kind of cheesy at some points, but good." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I looked around us, trying to find Britt and Stark.

"They split like the last ten minutes of the movie. Stark said they'd be waiting out here. I guess they must have left." He said, nonchalantly.

"So we were the tag-alongs that got left here alone. Doesn't that make us the ones on a date?" I said, trying to act disgusted. Asher found what I said amusing.

"I guess so. You want to go pick up some pizza, I'm starving." It was my turn to shrug as we walked out of the theater.

"Sure, I'm hungry too." The ride to the Pizza Hut was quiet, with the exception of the radio which Asher would occasionally mutter something about.

"Finally." He groaned as he parked the car and we walked into the restaurant. He inhaled and smiled as I slipped into one of the booths.

"What do you want?" He asked. I told him and he walked up to the counter. It wasn't until he sat back down in front of me to wait for his order that I said anything about Britt.

"Why didn't you tell me you were related?" He held his finger up, signaling me to wait a second.

"You didn't know? Aren't you and Brittney like best friends? How the hell did you not know?" I wanted to reply, but I couldn't find any words. How did I not know? Britt would have had to mention something. Had I just been so caught up in myself that I didn't listen to her?

"Sixth grade," I said aloud, "What happened in sixth grade?" Asher ran a hand through his hair, fiddling with the receipt in his hand.

"It was the first year she lived with us. The year she moved in. How do you not remember any of this? Don't you remember her being the laughing stalk of the school the whole year?" I thought back to that year, to when Stark had come up and completely ripped my heart out and stomped on it;

**

"Hey, Rosie, right?" My head snapped up at the voice. Bryan Stark stood a few feet in front of me, his dashing smile making my hands sweat.

"Y. . . yeah." I stuttered. I heard someone walk up behind me and heard Britt laugh.

"Stark." She greeted, nodding. Bryan nodded, his beautiful striking blue eyes fixed on my best friend.