C.4~ I Don't Care

"He's obnoxious." Britt groaned, giving Asher a disgusted look from across the room. We were in History, the only class we had together, and unfortunately with Asher. He was perched on top of his desk, three of the cheerleader's fanning themselves and giggling as he told them some story. I had caught his eye a few time, but he had turned away and went back to his brainless minions.

"He sits there and makes these little plans in his head on how he can get some poor innocent girl in his bed. He's disgusting." She shook her head, looking back toward me, her lips in a thin line.

"You don't know that," I said, "He could just ask them and they agree." We both laughed as Mr. Morgan walked in, smiling himself. The classroom immediately broke into conversation as kids asked him what happened the other day.

"That's confidential. I can't say anything." He answered, sitting in his chair. He glanced to the back of the room where Asher was still talking to his minions.

"Mr. Davis, please take a seat." Asher rolled his eyes at the teacher but obeyed the orders and plopped down into his seat with his arms crossed over his chest. His muscles flexing as he stretched his arms.

"Please start working on your assignments." Then Mr. Morgan went back to grading the huge stack of papers on his desk. Britt leaned over to whisper to me.

"I know what your assignment is." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively as she pointed at Mr. Morgan with the back of her pencil. I snorted, ignoring the heat that rushed to my cheeks.

"Get Mr. Morgan in your. . ."

"Shut up." I hissed. She rolled her eyes as another girl piped in from behind us.

"I don't blame you," She said, "He's hot." She twirled a lock of her black hair as she stared at our teacher.

"Yeah," One of the blonde cheerleader's whispered, smirking "I'd let him smack me anytime he wants." I couldn't help but smile at their words, but the smile dropped from my face when I saw Asher staring at me.

He must have overheard our conversation because he looked slightly amused.

"Do you, Rosie?" I heard one of the cheerleader's ask, snapping me back into reality. I turned back around and smiled, giving Britt a questioning look. She sighed and grabbed my shoulder.

"If you are going to do this I recommend you start doing it soon. I heard Lisett is having a party tonight and is planning on asking a certain someone to spend the night with her." I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by Mr. Morgan.

"Ms. Hunter, if you don't start working I'll have to keep you after class." I picked my pencil up off my desk just as the black haired girl leaned forward and giggled.

"I want him to keep me after class."

***

Britt walked across the room, twisting around as she showed me the dress she was wearing. It wasn't like Britt to wear a dress, but when she did she made sure to go all out. Stark had asked her to go to a dinner party at his parents work, and after a ton of encouragement from me, she had finally agreed to go.

"Do you think he'll like it? Do you think his parents will?" She asked, staring at herself in my mirror worriedly. I could feel her pain, it was the first time she was meeting Stark's parents and she didn't have the best reputation in town for the clothes she wore.

She looked beautiful tonight. She wore a black cocktail dress that's topped at her knees and had forced me to curl her hair.

"If you don't I'll make you come with me." She had said, pointing the curling iron in my direction. I had laughed and agreed to do it.

"Do you? Oh my god I look horrible." Britt walked over and collapsed on the bed beside me, sighing.

"Britt, you look beautiful." I assured her, smiling. She took a deep breath and look back up at me, her eyes pooling with tears.

"Really? You aren't just saying that because you have too?"

"No, you look amazing. I wish I could pull that off." She smiled through her tears and hugged me.

"You can. Now promise me you'll do something other than sit in the living room and binge watch Supernatural." I groaned and fell back on to my bed.

"I'm serious, Rosie. You've got to get out and show Asher what he's missing. Go to Lisett's party, she loves you! Come on, go. For me." I sighed, propping my head up on my hand.

"Maybe. I'll have to see where. . ."

"You won't have to see anything, Rose. You will go out tonight." She glared at me, but my brother walked into the room before I could reply. His eyes went to Britt and he smirked.

"Someone's going to get lucky tonight." Britt rolled her eyes and stood up, grabbing her purse from my computer chair.

"Stark wishes he would. I better go, Rose. You remember what I said." She brushed passed Darren and into the hallway, leaving me to groan and roll over on my bed.

"What did she say?" He asked, curious.

"She wants me to get out of the house tonight. She seems to think I have no life." I replied, staring at him. He looked down at the carpet, smirking.

"Oh my god," I gasped, "You agree with her!"

"No, no, Rose. I mean, I know you have a life. But she's right, you need to stop cooping yourself up in the house so much. It's unhealthy." I sat up, crossing the room to my closet.

"I'm going to a high school party." I stated, knowing that it would make him change his mind.

"What? Okay, so maybe keeping yourself here isn't so bad. You can. . ."

"I'm going, Dare. If you guys think I have no life then I should. . ."

"High school parties suck, Rose. You aren't missing out on anything. Let me take you out or something, I don't want you. . ." He trailed off when he saw the look on my face as I grabbed the dress out of my closet. He knew that what I said next would be final.

"I'm going."

***

I sat in the middle of Lisett's couch, watching the people talk and make out around me, suddenly wishing I had taken my brother up on his offer.

"Oh my god! Rosie! You made it!" I was yanked from where I sat and pulled into a hug. Lisett's blonde hair brushed against my hand as I pulled away. I found Asher a few steps behind her, slowly sipping from a red plastic cup. He gave me an amused look as he drank, almost as if he was aware of something I wasn't.

"You aren't going to believe this. Come on, let's go out by the pool and talk." She grabbed my arm and started to pull me away, stopping a few feet in front of Asher.

"I'll see you soon." She leaned forward and kissed him, earning a snort out of me as I stood awkwardly behind her. Asher kept his eyes on me as she kissed him, his eyes holding a grin of their own.

"I can't wait." He said when she pulled away. She giggled and started to walk away, gesturing for me to follow her.

"Good luck, Hunter." Asher said, smirking as I followed Lisett down the hall. I took a deep breath as she broke into conversation again.

This was going to be a long night.

***AN****

Hope you enjoyed! 

Let me know what you thought! 

~ChasingMadness