Chapter 9

[Edited by 1Direction2340]

LUCY'S POV

It's been 10 minutes since Harry tried to kiss me; we stay in silence, eating our ice cream.

"Th-thank you for the ice cream, it was very delicious." I say to Harry, looking back at him. "And also for the book, I really appreciate it."

"Okay." He answers without directing his gaze to me.

Ugh, what now? Is he upset? Clearly it can’t be because I didn’t kiss him, right?

If that's the reason, it really pisses me off.  I don’t want to; Harry should learn to respect women. I'm not that type of girl who is crawling for a boy’s attention, I'm far from that. Harry's used to that kind of girl and I'm just not that type.

"Let's go." Harry tells me rising from his seat and walking towards the exit.

He didn’t even wait for me, but what a gentleman. For a moment I really thought I was having fun with him but apparently not.

"What do we do now?" I asked crossing my arms while I get into his car.

Harry doesn’t answer, looking straight ahead and drives. I want to bang my head against the window.

I know I always have been and will always be the invisible girl, the girl who everybody ignores it. I've gotten used to this but with Harry I simply can’t stand it; I really don’t like being ignored by him.

"Are you going to tell me or what?”I asked, feeling frustrated by all the silence between us. "If you will not talk, I want to go home," I say crossing my arms.

Harry sighs. "We are going to the dock, nerd." He responds.

Relief runs through my body. Hearing his voice again, at least for a few seconds, is heaven to my ears. I nod silently and play with my fingers in my lap until we go to the dock.

I've only been here a few times. The dock is so beautiful and is a place for tourists. There are many shops, games, restaurants and people of course.

The view is really beautiful and right now the sky is bathed in different colors, especially blue and orange. I can hear the waves crash onto the rocks, the wind lightly blowing my hair and the smell of the sea invades my nose. It's really quiet here. From the few times I came, I simply am in love with this place.

"This place is quiet, I like it." Harry said, almost in a whisper, as we walk toward the dock.

I look at his eyes opening in surprise. "I also really like this place."

We walked watching the sea, just delighting us with the beautiful city view.

"I used to come to this place with .... with my mother." Harry said without looking at me. His whisper is so low, I don’t know if he said to himself or if he wanted me to hear him.

Now I realize that Harry has never talked about himself. Instead, in the short time he has been in my life, Harry has met my mother and Mike.

I must admit I am a curious person. We humans are born to be curious, we never settle and there are always more and more questions and we are always looking for more answers. And as another human being, I am curious and my curiosity is dying to know more about Harry Styles.

I know he isn't American, I know that he is Marcel's cousin and ... that would be all I know about him. I don't even know his middle name or his mother's last name or if he has brothers or if his father or mother is alive. What he likes, what he doesn't like, if he has a favorite book, if he would like to travel somewhere, if...

"Lucy, are you listening?" Harry asks, snapping his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Oh, I ... sorry." I apologize with a slight smile. "What ... what are you talking about?"

Harry shrugs and slides one hand through his hair. Silence settles between us and I hope anxious to know what he was saying.

"Aren’t you going to say something?" Harry shakes his head. "Oh, come on ... don’t be ashamed." I encourage him, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"I can't believe that I'm going to repeat this shit again. "He sighs. "I just said that I love the sea, I feel so relaxed here and I love it. I wish I was a fish so I could live down there. "

"Like...um, like aquaman?" I tease him.

Harry opens his eyes wide and then laughs, I join in.

"I didn’t expect that, didn’t know you were a comedian." He smiles sweetly.

I'm overwhelmed; minutes ago he tried to kiss me, then he doesn’t talk to me and now he smiles and talks about himself. Again, Harry simply overwhelms me.

"As I was saying, I think it's more quiet and mysterious. "I nod and keep listening, not understanding what his point is about all this. "Another thing that fascinates me most in this life is the sky, the universe, is as mysterious as the sea. As a child my mother bought me a simple telescope, I was always in my window or outside on the yard looking at the stars. "Harry laughs softly at the memory.

"The universe is amazing, I agree with you. Did you know that Stephen Hawking said-"I stop when Harry glares at me.

"No scientific shit." He said violently. I nod in silence, embarrassed by his reaction.

"The universe is amazing, that's all." I whisper leaving my words hanging in the air.

"As a child I always wondered why the sky was blue ..." He smiles biting her lower lip. "Did you ever think about that when you were a child?"

His emerald eyes meet mine and, as always, my legs become jelly and my heart stops.

"Of course, I was always very .... very curious. I thought it was blue by the reflection of the sea but then found out that there are particles in the atmosphere that-"

"Lucinda" Harry complains frowning. "No scientific shit."

"I just wanted to share important and real information," I complain, crossing my arms. "Marcel doesn't complain when I tell him things like this."

Harry laughs. "Well, I'm not Marcel and I'm not a nerd like you two." He bites his lower lip to stifle a mocking laugh.

I roll my eyes and silence settles between us. I think I just saw an unexpected side from Harry, to hear him talk about how much he likes the sky and the universe ... I just…I can’t even. This definitely makes him more human, not like the boy I met that Saturday night at Caddie’s house.

This is another Harry.

The boy looks straight the sea. I turn to look around us. There is a lot of people today on the dock, families with children, teenagers, grandparents.

I hear some female laughter and my gaze meets a group of teenage girls. One is easy to recognize. It's that girl from the party, Ashley ... she almost hit me that day in the kitchen just when Harry appeared.

Ashley's eyes meet mine and her gaze travels towards Harry. Her eyes widen in surprise and then that emotion is replaced by anger.

"What are you staring at?" Harry whispers in my ear and turns to meet Ashley’s group walking a few feet from us.

"Those girls look at me as if they are going to kill me ..." I whispered looking away.

"Don't worry about it," Harry smiles, returning to look at Ashley and winks at her. I turn my view to Ashley and she smiles biting her lip.

What does that mean? You can't be on a "date" or whatever with someone and winking at someone else right? Anyway, what does it mean, him winking at her? I am angry, I am. What is he planning?

"What was that?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"What do you mean?" Harry looks at me curious.

"Why'd you wink at her? No, I'm not jealous," I interrupt Harry before he can speak. "But nobody does that when you are with someone else."

"Don’t be fucking exaggerating." He growls.

"I'm not, I'm telling the truth." I shake my head.

And suddenly I realized something, something that I already asked Harry, something I asked that night at Caddie’s party.

(FLASHBACK)

*

 "What ... is this?" I asked, not knowing how to ask the question.

"I can’t be nice to someone?" He answered sharply.

**

"What do you want Harry? What does this mean? 'I wonder, meeting his emerald eyes.

Harry's face breaks down a moment, as if he wasn't expecting that question, as if he didn't have an answer. I've caught him off guard.

I know something happens, I'm not stupid. Maybe I haven't had time to question it. I know that Harry wouldn't date a girl like me because he could have Ashley, the girl would surrender at his feet if he winks at her.

Harry's face was composed again, his jaw is tight and his eyes have grown cold.

"Could you stop thinking about stupid things? I came here with you because the lads bet that I couldn't have a female friend. They bet that I couldn't have a friend who doesn't want to sleep with me. I saw you that night and I knew you were perfect; of course you don't want to sleep with me," he spits.

Is that all? Is he going out with me because he thinks I don't want to sleep with him? Do I look like a kind of guy or what? I am a girl after all!

I just don't have the same needs like him. I don't need sex, but the idea of him going out with me because I look like I don't need sex just hurt me.

He has hurt my feminine pride.

"What makes you think I don’t want to sleep with you?" I asked defiantly.

Oh my god.

I cover my mouth immediately. What did I just say? Where did this come from? It wasn’t my intention, I didn’t mean that! I don’t even have words to express my behavior…this isn’t me. I never said or thought in my entire life about sex.

Harry looks at me surprised as he smiles showing a dimple.

"Oh, wow, nerd ... You have sexual desires? With me? "He bites his lower lip trying not to laugh.

My face and my whole body burn with shame, I'm unable to say anything. I'm surprised by my reaction and what Harry just said.

"Ahm, I ..." I stammered, unable to drop a word of my mouth.

Harry catches a strand of my hair behind my ear. I slap his hand away from me. Harry looks at me surprised and I frown.

Oh my god.

1 - I just talked about sex with a boy.

2 - I just hit a boy.

This isn't me, just not me. I think I'm going to cry, I feel that Harry is driving me crazy.

"You talk about sex and hit my hand ... you're pretty unpredictable." He winks.

Ugh, I'm so angry. All this has strayed away from the main topic, which is him and his intentions towards me.

"Well Harry, your intentions don't really interest me-"

"Shit Lucinda, I just say I'm going out with you because I bet on-"

"No ... I don’t care, I think it's ... it's pathetic." I growled, crossing my arms.

Harry laughs. "And you think you're not pathetic?"

I gulped. His words hurt me once, he sounds just like Madison when she wants to hurt me. I better go; I shouldn’t be here.

"Um, I ... I better go." I muttered weakly. I turn around; I need to get away from Harry. Before I can walk his hand grabs my arm and stops me.

"I haven’t finished with you." He hisses. "You are pathetic talking about your scientific shit, you are pathetic with your stupid clothes and stupid fucking Marcel, your stupid life is fucking pathetic and you’re pathetic—"

"Eno-Enough” I whisper as I take a few steps back.

Who is Harry? A few minutes ago we talked and now we are discussing and he is hurting me deeply. How could I be so stupid?

He glares at me. "L-leave me alone." I managed to say.

"You're fucking pathetic!" Harry yells as I walk away.

I’m so used to this that I don’t want to cry but I feel hurt like always.

I can’t believe he said all that, he doesn’t even know me.

*******

HARRY'S POV.

"Oh shit, Harry!" She moans letting her orgasm run through her ​​body.

"Um ..." That's all I can say getting up from the bed.

"Are you leaving Harry?" Ashley asks watching me while I get dressed.

"Yes" I say without looking at her as I pull my shirt over my head.

"But Harry this is your place ..."

"So?" I spit, placing my shoes.

"Anyway, that was amazing ..." She whispers with a smile.

"Sure." I nod, rolling my eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" The girl said shyly.

"What?" I spit picking up my beanie from the floor.

"Why were you today with that nerd?" She asks in disgust. "What is her na-?"

"Lucy." I interrupt quickly.

She wants to know about Lucy? Why does she thinks I'll answer?

I dragged Ashley here because I knew that she is crazy about me and because arguing with Lucinda left me desperately needing sex. I must admit that she left me turned on. Her eyes narrow, her cheeks burning with her face furious but at the same time so weak. Shit, what am I saying?

I'm so lacking of sex that I get turned on over a stupid fucking nerd. Ugh.

"None of your damn business ... and you better keep your fucking mouth shut. " I say through gritted teeth.

"Why? "Ashley sits on my bed. "That would destroy her." She smiles.

"You will not tell her because I just recorded you..." I smile evilly as I head to my shelf.

I move some books, among them are the Hunger Games. I can't help thinking about Lucinda. I can still relive the pain and humiliation in her eyes.

"What?" Ashley asks paralyzed.

I move a book and I grab the video camera. "I recorded it. So, you stay quiet as good bitch you are or I'll release the video Ashley. "I say raising the video camera.

Ashley covers her mouth surprised.

"You wouldn’t dare, you little shit ..." She whispers.

"It was a pleasure to have sex with you too." I smile and headed for the door. "Get dressed and get out or Louis will kick you out of here." I say and before she could respond I close the door.

"How was it?" Louis asks when I appear in the room.

"I have been with better." I growled rolling my eyes and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I don’t know I take a walk, smoke a cigarette and play poker with Taylor." I answer opening the door. "Ashley has 20 minutes to get out from here, if she doesn’t, you kick her out. "

 Louis nods and I close the door.