Chapter 79

[Harry]

Dammit, mission aborted, they found me. I am the worst ninja of all.

Mandy says something to Cassie but she shakes her head. Cassie grabs Mandy's hand and began to pull her, Cassie looks determined as she walks towards me and Mandy has the face of: Run, Harry, run.

I'll try to be polite, I honestly don't want to spend my energies with Cassie. Besides she will tell this to Lucy so at least I have to try to make a good impression.

"Hi-"

"What are you doing here, Styles?" Cassie cut me off.

"I came to see Marcel."

"Liar, you don't like your cousin—"

"You know nothing," I don't dislike Marcel but he is not my favorite cousin.

"Cassie, enough, perhaps he is here—"

"No, he is here to piss off Lucy," Cassie growls, interrupting Mandy.

"Come on Cassie, we have to—"

"No, stop! You need to leave, Harry! "Cassie barked.

"What the hell? This is a public event and I'll stay if I please."

"You don't deserve Lucy!"

"And you think you do?"

“What did you just say?" Cassie furrowed her eyebrows and I got tired of being polite.

"You abandoned her for a boy, you can't say you're her best friend if you do that--"

"Guys stop it!"

"You have no right to say that, you know nothing!"

"I was there for Lucy while you were too busy with Matt and as soon as he left you, what did you do? You came back to your best friend, of course," I growled and Cassie's cheeks are red.

"Hey, stop it, you both are acting like babies!" Mandy scolds us.

"What's going on?" We heard Lucinda's voice. Fuck, I'm not ready.

"We're trying to kick Harry's ass!" Cassie replied, frowning.

Lucy squints at me. I'm glad she is alone but I wonder where is Eric.

"Leave him alone, let's go Harry," Lucy makes a gesture to follow her. What?

Cassie glares at me and Mandy is as confused as me.

"Are you talking to me?" I ask and my voice sounds timid.

"Of course, there is no other Harry Styles around here, right?" Lucy started walking and I decided to follow her.

"Can I have some?” She pointed to my popcorn cup and I nod. "Do you have your wardrobe back or should I tell Emily to set fire to all your clothes?"

Her boldness impresses me but I try to act normal.

"I got it back after a big argument. Why are you talking to me?"

Lucinda turns her head and I do the same, her friends are following us but at a considerable distance. Cassie still looks angry and Mandy is talking to her.

"They are talking about things I don't like, I feel uncomfortable," she sighs. "Marcel has won twice, he is doing well but there are many people competing," she tells me while cleaning her glasses.

My eyes scanned her body quickly and I swallowed before answering.

"Yeah, I'm surprised at the amount of people who are participating," I agree with her.