Chapter 91

[Harry]

"Lucy, what the hell is that on your neck?"

She looked almost shocked. Her eyes betray her and her hands snatch the scarf from me.

"It's not your problem," she muttered turning around.

I understand that there is no bond between us but we are human beings. She can't just show up with these strange scratches and think that I will not worry about it.

"Lucy, who the hell did that?!" I raised my voice but I didn't scream. I'm trying not to lose control. "Lucy, I'm worried, what happened?"

I want stretch my hand to her, I want to touch her shoulder, hold her in my arms and I want to hear the truth but apparently I will not get any of that.

She gathered her belongings as she breathed slowly. She slid one hand down her cheek and I knew she was crying.

"Please tell me," I pleaded.

"I was in a fight," she pressed her lips into a thin line and her nose was a little red.

"You? No way. Why?”

"With...with Madison," she folded her arms and wiped another tear.

Not sure why but I think Madison would be capable of that. She tried to flirt with me at Christmas knowing that Lucy was in her room. She doesn't know what is dignity or respect, what would stop her to hurt Lucy?

"What the fuck? She did that? Is she absolutely crazy or what? "I barked very angry.

If it were a guy I would probably kill him, very slowly, and I wouldn't have a single fucking regret.

"Yes, hm, I don't know what happened to her."

"Lucinda, you need to tell your mother about this."

"It's better this way," she spoke as she pulled a tissue from her bag.

"Please, stop crying, Lucy," I said and I just want to hug her but I know she wouldn’t like it.

It must have been horrible for Lucy, to do that Madison dug her nails into her skin...which means that maybe she was trying to strangle her. I would know better if the marks were more recent. Poor Lucy, so small and harmless. I can't imagine her in that situation, it breaks my heart to think that she could be in danger and I couldn't be able to do something about it.

Another tear ran down her cheek and I wanted to kiss her.

"I'm fine, it's over. I'm a little sensitive. "

"I can't see you this way, I-I can't," my words were soft and she looked at me very surprised.

"Crying is normal."

But seeing the girl you like crying is worse.

"You need to talk to your mother about it," I repeated. "It's important."

"Fine, Harry, I will," I looked at her face when I heard her words. "Can you keep this secret?" She placed the scarf around her neck and I bit my lower lip.

"If something happens you can tell me, okay? You can trust me," I muttered, and I want her to believe in my words.

"Harry, I appreciate all the times you've helped me, really," she nodded, "but sometimes I feel...I feel I can't trust you," she spoke and I swear my fucking heart broke like never before. "I have to go and you too," she gestured to the door and I couldn’t move.