Chapter 17

.                                                                      LUCY.

"You want me to pick you up?" My stepfather asks when I get off the car.

"No, thanks Mike. Cassie has a car, she can take me back. "I say as I close the door.

"Okay. Lucy I forgot to tell you that your mother and I are going to travel to New York this weekend; we have a congress of medicine. Madison is going to travel as well; she is going to see her brother.”

“Oh, fine. Mom didn’t tell me. Goodbye Mike.”

“Goodbye Lucy. "

I turn and start walking towards McDonald's. The smell of junk food seeps into my nose when I enter to the place. I love this place despite all the small loud children playing and running all over McDonald's. I don’t mind, I used to be like them. And the only image that comes to my mind is my father. I miss him but he shows no signs of life. We have a good relationship but ... why he doesn’t call me?

"Lucy!" Cassie's voice reaches my ears. I gently shake my head out of my thoughts."Lucy, here!" My eyes meet my friend. I head to her table and I'm surprised to see she have already ordered our food.

"I've already ordered. I invite this time, it's the least I can do for leaving you yesterday. "She said with a smile. "Ugh, your nose." Cassie grimace.

"It looks ugly? 'I immediately ask, covering my nose.

"No, no ... but it is not as swollen as yesterday." I nod and we both started eating. I feel like a little girl but I love eating here. I know that the food is not the healthiest but who cares?

"Do you feel better? What did you tell your parents? "Cassie asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"I said you hit me with your elbow by accident." I shrug.

"What? Hey, that's not fair."She groans," I was so worried about you Lucy, it was horrible to see you unconscious. Good thing Liam and Niall helped you. "

"Liam and Niall?" I asked confused. I have no idea who they are.

"They are friends of Harry, they are nice. Zayn and Louis are idiots. Niall's older brother is a doctor, Niall called him and he saw if you were okay.”

"Mike I also did the same. There are no broken bones, he said I was lucky. Harry hit me hard enough to hurt only some veins. "

"That's what I call good luck and its fun to have a stepfather who is a doctor." Cassie sighs. "I wanted to tell you that yesterday... but Matt kicked us out of his house, the police arrived and we had to leave. Matt treated me horrible; I didn't think he would be so cruel. "

She should meet Harry; he is synonymous of cruelty, if cruelty could be a word that would fit him.

"What...what happened?"

"He kicked us out and treated me like shit. Harry was so angry, you should have seen him...he was desperate.

I can't believe he took you home. He felt so guilty I could feel it in his eyes."

"Why did you let me go with him?"

"I was drunk and couldn't bring to my house a girl covered with blood and mainly you, you know that my mom will freak out."

"Sure, I can understand that." We both stay in silent for a moment and we are dedicated to just enjoy our food.

"Many things happened yesterday ..." Cassie finally spoke.