Always (My fellow Severus Snape fans understand the title)

After awhile, I calm down enough to attempt leaving the stall. "Ugh it's past lights out. The prefects will be watching the halls."
    "Good luck with everything, (M/N). I really hope all is well. Especially with Severus."
    "Thank you, Myrtle." She smiles and floats off. I begin my careful journey to Ravenclaw tower. A Gryffindor prefect sees me, but he pulls me into a sorrowful hug instead of turning me in.
    "James can be a prick sometimes. I hope everything works out between you and Severus."
    "Thank you, but to be honest, I'm not sure if we will ever talk again." He frowns at that.
    "Don't give up. We don't have classes tomorrow, so promise me you will talk to him then."
    "I promise to try. If he doesn't want to talk, I won't push."
    "That's all I ask. You're usually so happy. I don't want to lose that (M/N)." He ruffles my hair, and I smile, even laugh a bit.
    "Thanks. It means a lot." He lets me go, and smiles broadly at me.
    "Now go get in bed."
    "Of course, Sir." I salute to him and turn to leave. I hear him laugh.
    "That's the (M/N) we all know and love." I don't say anything because I don't think he meant for me to hear it. Instead I smile to myself. I keep walking to the tower, but am tackled to the ground by a Ravenclaw prefect.
    "(M/N)! Are you okay!?! James is such a jerk!"
    "I'm fine. But I won't be if you squish me!" I laugh, and she gets off of me.
    "Oh! Sorry! I was worried."
    "It seems everyone is." I smile at her.
    "Of course everyone is worried about you! You're the kindest person here, even among the Hufflepuffs. I don't see why you weren't put in Hufflepuff. You're kind and loyal and everything a Hufflepuff is. But I'm glad you're in Ravenclaw."
    "Thank you for the confidence boost. I needed that. The Gryffindor prefect made me promise to talk to Severus tomorrow."
    "You need to. You should have seen his face when you said you've liked him since your first day."
    "Was it bad or good?"
    '"You wouldn't really want me to tell you, would you?"
    "I suppose not. I need to tell him sorry anyway."
    "Go on up to bed."
    "Thanks."
    "HALT." I roll my eyes at the Hufflepuff prefect.
    "Are you worried about (M/N) too?"
    "(M/N)? Oh goodness, I'm so sorry! I thought you were naughty students sneaking around at night. Are you okay?" He looks at me, and I smile.
    "Better than okay. Everyone is worried about me. I never thought anyone noticed me. So thank you." I smile, but my mouth opens in a yawn.
    "Oh (M/N)! You go to bed." I nod to her.
    "Goodnight, brave (M/N)." I blush at his words, and start the now-short trek to the tower. I humm happily to myself, glad to have avoided seeing a Slytherin prefect. If I had seen one, I can only imagine the terrors I would have had done to me.
    "I need sleep so I can talk to Severus tomorrow."
    "Or you can talk to me now." I jump, not expecting anymore interruptions to my sleeping. Especially not the interruption that will likely keep me up all night with terrors.
    "S-Severus! Go back to your common room." I try to brush past him, but he grabs my arm.
    "No. (M/N), I've been waiting here for you since you ran out of the Great Hall. You will listen to me." I nod, speechless. "Look at me please." I shake my head, and look down at the ground to better avoid his eyes. "(M/N)." He places one finger under my chin, and lifts my head gently, forcing me to look him in the eye. I feel more tears falling.
    "Please end our friendship fast." I hold back a pained noise.
    "End it? What for?"
    "I'm in love with you. But you love Lily. Always have, always will. You should be disgusted that even though I know your feelings for her, I let myself fall for you." My tears fall more intently. I wish he would let go of me so I can look down at the ground again, instead of having to stare into his eyes as I cry over him.
    "Why do you think that? I could never be disgusted of you. But please tell me why."
    "Why?" I can't hold back the pained noise anymore. Severus looks at me, concern in his eyes.
    "Why you never told me. Why you would think I don't love you back."
    "I didn't want to rui- Wh-what?" Did I hear that last part right?
    "(M/N), I love you too." He pulls me into a tight hug. "So please don't cry over me. I'm yours." I can't believe what I'm hearing. Is this my imagination? Am I hallucinating from lack of sleep? I feel fingers gently wipe away my tears. I look up at him, and do the last thing I expected to do. I smile.
    "There's that beautiful smile I love so much. Not as much as who it's attached to, of course. Promise not to cry anymore?"
    "I promise, Severus." He pulls me into a hug. But it's different than our usual hugs. More caring. I sigh in content and lay my head on his chest.
    "I don't want to go. I don't want to sleep when this just happened. I want to make sure you're okay."
    "I am okay." I yawn once again. "Just tired." I trail off and close my eyes.
    "(M/N), I love you so much." Silence. "(M/N)?" He looks down at me in his arms, and I've fallen asleep. "Silly, lovable boy. How am I supposed to get you to your bed without breaking school rules?"
    "Mmmm Severus.... Don't let go."
    "Never." He holds me closer, though he knows I'm talking in my sleep. "However, I'd better get you to the Ravenclaw prefect. You are mine, (M/N). Always."