Hogsmeade

"You need to leave Lily alone, (M/N)." James glares at me fiercely. He managed to pull me aside while Lily was looking in one of the shops.

    "I'm not trying to steal her. I'm-"

    "Look at my two boys, bonding!" Lily comes up and hugs us both. Great, I'll have to tell him my sexuality later.
    "Of course we are! But, I was thinking, maybe the two of you should be alone for a bit? You did just start dating. I think I'll go read with Severus."
    "Good idea, (M/N)!" Lily looks at me knowingly. I duck my head to hide my blush as I wave at them and leave. I start walking to Severus's favorite spot to read in Hogsmeade. I laugh at myself, knowing I bring a book with me everywhere I go, just like him.
    I see Severus in the distance, and smile to myself. Today is going to be a good day. As I get close enough for him to notice me, he remarks, not looking up from his book, "Come to bully on me, or prank me?"
    "I've come to read with you." He looks up at that, and smiles when his eyes meet mine. He snaps his book shut and stands to pull me into a hug.
    "(M/N). It's been a bit. I've missed you."
    "I've missed you too. But life got in the way." We both laugh, and I'm glad to see him smile.
    "And I missed reading together."
    "I bet you didn't miss me randomly yelling and it be at the book I'm reading." I try not to laugh, but can't help it when he does. He makes me so happy.
    "I think that's what I miss most. It meant you were still there, beside me. That's all I could ever hope for." I have to choke back a shocked noise, and will myself not to blush.
    "And I feel the same about your scoffs toward the book."
    "I can't help I don't always agree," he says seriously, but I smile and start laughing.
    "Both of us miss the other's reaction to something they don't agree with."
    "I guess so." He smiles. A real smile. All for me.
    "What are we waiting for? If we miss it so much, we should want to start right away!"
    "Of course." We sit next to each other and open our books at the same time. I was right. Today is going to be a wonderful day.
    "Oh, (M/N)?"
    "Mmm yes?"
    "I was wondering... Do you like anyone here?"
    "Where's this coming from?"
    "Oh in my book the main character has loved someone for so long but won't tell them. It's sad really because it's been years of silence. But I guess it makes since, not wanting to take a chance on ruining a friendship. So, who do you like, if anyone?" I suddenly regret not letting him know my sexuality. If I say this, he'll think it's Lily.
    "Someone that I'm close to."
    "You're not that close to anyone... Except for Lily and me." He looks at me questioningly.
    "I would never hurt you like that, Severus. You know that. Of course it's not Lily."
    "Who else are you close to?"
    "I'm kind of close to the Black sisters."
    "So that leaves Andromeda, Narcissa, and Bellatrix."
    "It could also possibly mean you, Severus." Why did I say that!?
    "Thanks for making me feel better, but I know you don't. Who would like an outcast like me?"
    "Hey, we're both outcasts. Together."
    "Thanks, (M/N). It means a lot."
    "It'll mean even more when I become the basis of all of James's pranks."
    "Why?"
    "James thinks I like Lily." We laugh, and Severus puts down his book and looks at me. "What?"
    "Just thinking of how he must have been acting toward you today. Are you okay?"
    "Why wouldn't I be?"
    "Oh good he hasn't done anything yet. But watch out. Jealous men are dangerous." I know. I've been one long enough. But I'd never hurt Lily over Severus.
    "Thank you for warning me. He wouldn't do anything too bad though, right?"
    "You never know. Be careful where you step from now on."
    "Of course, worrywart. Now I know how you must feel."
    "What do you mean?"
    "I'm always telling you things like that."
    "Hmm. I suppose so." And with that he goes back to being lost in his book. I roll my eyes playfully, smile at how beautiful he is at the moment, and look down at my own book. It was a good day indeed.