Love Conquers All

By the time lunch rolls around, the pit in my stomach can no longer be ignored. I wipe my sweaty hands on my thighs, glancing in the direction of Slytherin table. I feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach. No, it's not because I see Malfoy and Severus kissing. There is an absence of that. In fact, there is an absence of them.
    I sit next to Remus once again and drop my head onto the table with a groan. This startles them all, and Lily immediately looks toward the table with all my problems. She huffs and stands, stomping over to the professor's table. I groan quietly again, slipping down in my seat. I just want to disappear.
    She quickly marches toward me after a moment, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of my seat. Once I saw the two weren't there I had lost my appetite anyway. I quietly thank her for pulling me away, and she frowns. "You won't be thanking me in a moment. I'm taking you to them." My steps falter and stop. I gasp lightly.
    "No. Lily, please, no!" I pull away from her. Before she can grab my arm back, I bolt outside. I don't stop until I am at the opposite side of the lake. I plop down and pant, realising I am badly out of shape. I lay back and close my eyes, still breathing heavily. I hear nearby laughter, and sit up quickly. I look around and spot Lucius Malfoy coming toward me.
    I glare and growl at him. "Why aren't you with my boyfriend?" I snap. I expect him to retort back, but he sighs quietly and sits next to me.
    "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken him from you. I feel horrible for it." I feel my heart soften, and smile gently at him. It's probably completely stupid to trust him, but I do.
    "It's okay. Remus and I found a way to reverse the potion this morning." I see pain and relief cross over his face. "Do you really love him?" I ask quietly, curiously. I just have to know. He sighs gently.
    "Yes. But it's obvious you love each other very much." I frown lightly, waiting for an explanation. He takes a shakey breath. "He can still feel his love for you, I know it. I catch him constantly staring longingly at you. It makes me feel sad yet happy. Sad because I don't have a love like that, but happy it can exist. And you both deserve true love. I'm convinced you're perfect for each other."
    He smiles lightly. I can tell he is holding back tears. I grab his hand gently, stroking the back of it. "I'm sorry for what I did. I really am. Not just Severus either." He places the hand I'm not holding on my wrist. I flinch, and his eyes gloss over with sorrow. "It still hurts?" I nod slowly, sadly.
    "Madam Pomfrey says they will likely hurt, to some extent, forever." He bites his bottom lip.
    "I'll try to find a way to reverse it."
    "Really?!" My eyes light up, causing him to laugh.
    "Of course. We're friends now." Friends. I like the sound of that. It's funny. I only had Severus and Lily a few months ago. I'm not used to being treated nicely, but I really like it. I beam like an idiot at Malfoy. No, Lucius, I correct myself. "Can we meet back here after classes? I'll attempt to reverse the horror I did to your arms, and you can reverse the potion on Severus." I nod happily. Things are looking up.

    After classes finish for the day, I bustle to my dorm to change. I sigh gently, slipping on a plain white T-shirt a little baggy on me, and some black jeans. I look in the mirror and tousle my hair to the side, uncovering my bright eyes. I stare at myself for a moment. I slip a jacket over the bandages, and hurry outside.
    Lucius and Severus are already there. I smile brightly as I sit next to Lucius. He automatically pulls out his wand. I gently unwrap my arms. "I think I have it." He mumbles a spell, and the words slowly fade away. I squeal in happiness, and pull him into a tight hug. He hugs me back gently.
    "Thank you so much!" He chuckles lightly.
    "You're very welcome, even though it was my fault to begin with." He flushes. "Want to get your boyfriend back now?" I nod happily and turn toward Severus.
    "I have to kiss him. You can look away if it hurts." He shakes his head. I shrug and pull my love into my arms, connecting our lips. I pull away after a moment, hopeful.
    "(M/N)? Is that you? What happened?" His eyes fall on Lucius. "You!" I stop him.
    "It's okay. We're friends now." He nods and pulls me close, telling me how much he loves me. I smile brightly, snuggling into him. I think on how it's the last week before summer break. I don't really want to go home. This is my last amazing year at Hogwarts. I have friends now, and even a wonderful boyfriend. I smile gently. A wonderful boyfriend to spend the rest of my life with.

I'm finished! My first book ever! I've been writing for years, and this is the first one I've actually finished. I'm proud of myself! I'm thinking about writing a sequel, based in the future. Please tell me if that's something you all would like. Thank you for reading my story!