- Addiction 2 -

2
• • •
Maryland Summer Mascotte

Ahren yanked me towards him as we reached the end of the hall, "You think I won't fire you, Ms

Ahren yanked me towards him as we reached the end of the hall, "You think I won't fire you, Ms. Mascotte?"

"I don't know if that's a rhetorical question or not" I tucked in my lips

"You're behavior here is not allowed, and what you said about me was unacceptable" He grabbed my face, "I'm warning you for the last time, understand?"

I nodded, trying to remove his hand from my skin.

"Now go downstairs and wait until I'm done"

I looked down once he let my face go. My right hand rubbed my left arm in embarrassment, as I walked away from him.

"The stupidest girl I have ever dealt with" I heard Ahren say

Sadness panged through my chest. He made me feel like I'm not good enough to be his assistant. As if I was just some ground he could step all over. It doesn't matter because I have to admit, I kinda do too much sometimes. But I can't help it, that's just how I am.

Ahren is just like those boys who used to mess with me back at home- yet, Ahren didn't assault me like them.

"Oh poop, he still has my phone" I groaned, "Whatever. He'll give it to me sooner or later"

Once I made it back downstairs, I spotted a chair I was desperate to sit at. I was about to sit down until the receptionist, Mrs. Tanton, informed me that Ahren needed me back upstairs.

"Do I really have to go back up there? That's a ton of steps" I whined, heading towards the stairs

"Sweetie, just take the elevator"

I face-palmed myself. Rushing towards the elevator, I stood next to two red head girls who whispered vulgar words about my appearance.

"Got something to say, honey?" I smiled at them, "Speak up and say it. Say it with your damn chest- oh wait, you don't have one" I touched my breasts

"Ugh, she's another slut from the ghetto. Why would Ahren hire someone like her?" The tall one scoffed in distaste

I glared at her, "And you're just another slut who sucks her own uncle's-"

"Bye!" They waved, scurrying out the elevator

One of them almost tripped on their way out.