- Addiction 3 -

3
• • •
Maryland Summer Mascotte

"What the fuck was that?!"

His body was inches away from mine, but my arms were on the wall as his hands were on my wrists.

"Are you trying to make me look bad by looking like a damn slut, Ms. Mascotte?!" He spat causing me to flinch

"I didn't mean to" I muttered

It was just a pen.

"Then why'd you do it?"

"Because I was bored and had nothing to do" I explained, the grip on my wrists loosening

My lips were dry by breathing so hard. His stare was vaguely intense and I couldn't bare looking at him anymore.

"Tomorrow I expect better from you. No more dresses that expose your body, no more foolishness. I had enough these past two weeks"

I scorned him, not paying him attention any longer. I know the way I act is weird, but that's just me- yet, he belittles me because of what I wear. Other women and older women wear short dresses and 7 inch heels around the building everyday.

Why do I have to be confronted?

Maybe it's because of my body type. It's because I'm too much of a plus sized girl, and frankly, I don't give a damn.

"Sit down" He demanded, pulling a chair from the side and next to him

"For what?" I scowled, "It's seven at night. My shift-"

"Sit your ass down"

I sighed and sat in the chair as I pulled my dress down. Ahren went over to his desk, picking up a bunch of files and came back to shove it in my hands.

"I want these looked over tonight"

"Fine, I'll just take these home"

His jaw clenched, "You're not going home. You're staying here to help me with these papers"

I scoffed in disbelief, not wanting to examine more than two hundred papers for him.

"This is absurd, Mr. Braune"

"Consequences" He shrugged

Tucking my lips in, I sat in an awkward position, "Fine" I mumbled

Ahren headed towards the door about to walk out.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I got some places to be" He stated leaving the office

Oh hell no.

Putting the files on the floor, I went to get my phone that was lying underneath Ahren's desk. I quickly grabbed it and went to get the stack of papers. I took my purse off the hanger as well as my coat, leaving the room.

I left the opposite way to get out the building- which meant I had to take flights of steps down to the parking deck.

Finding my car and unlocking the door, I got in the driver's seat and put my things on the passenger side. I smiled as I was ready to put my key in the ignition.

A tap on the window knocked me out my focus. My head snapped left, seeing Ahren standing there.

Shit.

"Get out"

I now sat at the table in the meeting room from earlier, my head hanging low as Ahren cursed at me with anger.