- Addiction 10 -

10
• • •
Ahren Lukas Braune

Walking in the house, I wiped the sweat from my face as I went up the stairs to get to the third floor

I entered the bedroom and took my towel from over my shoulder, seeing Maryland drink a glass of water while laying in my bed. Kissing my teeth, I clenched my jaw at the sight of her hangover.

"My head feels like a drum" Maryland sighed

Curving my lips into a slight smile, I stood there without saying a word because I knew she would say something else.

"Wait, what happened last night?" She questioned, "Oh my God. Did I get drunk?"

"Yes"

"Hm, that's weird. I never get drunk"

I raised an eyebrow, "Something could've happened to you, you know that?"

"Yes, I know" She put her arms on the blanket as she nodded

"If you knew, then you wouldn't have done it. Something must've caused you to drink more than ten shots of liquor" I stated, taking off my tank top

Maryland shook her head which caused me to leave it alone. When she left to go home yesterday afternoon, my mood hasn't been the same. So I asked my brother if we could talk about certain things.

My mind is literally fucked up, and has been since Maryland started working for me.

Shit, I'm surprised I haven't fired her yet.

I'm surprised that I'm attracted to her.

Not to sound rude or anything, but I normally don't do plus size women- especially African American women. I'm more of a thin brunette type of person. So I'm guessing that I wanted to try something new.

When I try something new, I end up liking it more than what I used to do before. But this choice scared me.

It's weird, it's addicting. Like a weird addiction you can't get rid of.

"Why am I here?" Maryland inquired

"I brought you to my house to make sure you were safe. Couldn't have you back at your apartment doing some shit that's out of the ordinary"

"You're right... Well, why-" She scowled in my direction, "Why am I naked?"

"After you took a shower, you wanted to be, quote, free and nude and gassy" I shrugged

"I did?" Maryland frowned, I nodded, "I feel embarrassed" She blushed

"Why?" I took off my joggers

"I was probably silly and crazy"

"Aren't you always?" I inquired, "Besides, it's alright. You're sober now and that's all that matters"