Peace And Pity

Chapter 20

Earl's POV:

"Filthy rotten exorcist." I grumbled under my breath as I took wide strides down the hall to Allen's room, he was unconscious but still thrashing and or whimpering from time to time. I shushed and spoke calmly as I gently kicked open the door to his room. I laid him down on the bed; he released a long whine when I knocked his injured leg.

I quickly left his side to get the supplies I needed to clean up his wounds as I sat treating them, and began to wrap him in bandages. A sigh left my lips as I sat on a chair next to him, watching him carefully to make sure if he woke up – not likely – that there would be someone here to calm him down if he began to panic.

I leaned back in the chair, my golden gaze shifting from his figure to stare at the wall on the other side of the room, resting a hand under my chin. My mind seemed to wonder and think about the damage the exorcists had down to the Ark and my family members.

Skin had died.

The Noah of Wrath, Skin Bolic, was one of the Noahs whose memory would completely devour there original's host mind and leave them as a mindless puppet of destruction. In the end of their – the exorcist and Skin's battle – the memory completely consumed him and left him in a 'blind rage' that focused on the innocence in front of him. Even though Wrath's skin is like armour, it wouldn't be enough to completely stop the effects that innocence would cause. When he was attacking the exorcists, he left many windows open and when he left them open the exorcist used this to his advantage.

In the end these lead him to his down fall.

Skin will be missed but he will be reborn in due time and when he returns, the family will – hopefully – be compete once again.

Allen's Pov:

I whimpered as I thrashed around, tears escaping my mercury eyes as it felt like my skin was being pierce with white hot pokers. Every attempt to escape the pain was futile because it felt like every time I moved my leg or a limb it was slowly tearing away the tendons and muscles and shattering the bone.

It hurt so much that my voice broke and only soundless cries of pain leaving my parted lips.

Tears flowed faster out the corner of my mercury eyes as a sudden jolt of pain pierce my left shoulder as if someone was digging a blunt nail into it. My hands flew up to my shoulder as I tried to claw out the pain that was slowly beginning to grow in intensity.

My breath caught in my throat as the feeling was replaced with something warm, the pain all but leaving and being replaced with a gentle warmth that felt like someone was caressing the skin. I looked at my shoulder and noticed white feather sprouting from it and gently swaying as the feathers appeared from all the areas I was shot by that General.

My mercury eyes watched fascinated by the white feathers as they slowly dulled and began to turn a dark purple, like it was being corrupted by the darkness. My eyes grew dull as the light was slowly put out till all light disappear, a thought occurring to mind, "The light will eventually fade and so will they and me."

Though my lips moved it wasn't my words that left my mouth, my eyes widened slightly as I recognised the voice. My mercury eyes raked the dark surroundings, trying to find the owner of the voice but was unable to do so. A sigh left my lips as the now dark feathers slowly sunk back into my skin, disappearing from view as I looked toward the sky, or perhaps it wasn't but I couldn't tell in the completely black surroundings.

A small grey light began to lighten up the darkness until I had to shut and cover my eyes with my arms, the light fading as I blinked open my eyes to get rid of the dots appearing in my eyes. I looked at the area around me and my breath caught in my throat.

I stood in front of a tree with its leave blowing away in the wind, faint laughter being heard nearby as I looked in the direction and my heart seemed to stop beating. Standing there with his usually painted face and his clown outfit was Mana, his eyes looking warmly if not a little mad towards the small boy with reddish-brown hair that had storm grey eyes.

It was him and Mana.

"It's sad remembering these thing, isn't it?" The same voice before appeared behind me as I jumped slightly and looked towards the owner, Neah. His gaze was filled with pity as he smiled warmly towards the clown who was trying to make the stubborn child laugh and or smile.

"Yes, was the day Mana and I moved to a new circus and a month after that day, he died." I bit my lip as tears brimmed in my eyes, forcing them back as I watched the scene unfold.

The younger Allen – Red – narrowed his eyes at the clown as he rolled his eyes, scowling at him and scoffing. "Stop makin' weird faces ya crazy clown. Ya not gonna get meh to laugh."

"Awe, but my job is to make children smile and you're a tough one. I'll make you laugh one day, just you wait." Mana smiled at Red as he grabbed the boy's hands and spun him around, a faint smile appearing on Red's lips at the clown's antics.

The smile wasn't seen by the clown as they spun around in the leaves, a drunk shout made Red frown deeply as he pulled his hands away from the clown, "I have to go see Cosimo... I'll be in the main tent if ya want meh."

I looked away as I knew the scene coming up, Cosimo had beaten me and I hobbled out of his tent to go relace near the animal cages and that's where Mana found me asleep, bloody and bruises. He cleaned me up and the next day we left, not even telling me where we were going or the reason he took me along.

The area around me began to distort and disappear as I turned to were Neah stood to see blank space, I blinked my eyes as a groan past my lips. A dark roof greeting my eyes as eyes adjusted to the new light and the figure sleeping in the chair next to me, I looked over his features and my eyes widened slightly when I noticed he looked similar to Mana, if not the same.

I sat up with a groan, my shoulder burning in protest as I reached towards him and gently touched his face, pulling my hands away as he began to stir. I never noticed that Mana and the Earl looked similar until now.