First Mission

Chapter 4:

Earl’s POV:

It had been 3 days since Allen left to explore the outside world and the Ark was now much too quiet without Allen here.

I missed Allen, a lot.

I called Tyki, worried about the little Allen. Tyki answered quickly, frustration evident in his tone. I had probably called him while he was playing poker.

"How is Allen doing? Tell him that I miss him, would you." I said quickly, trying to be quick to let Tyki go back to whatever he was doing.

"The shounen is fine." Tyki said "Apparently, he misses you too."

"Now, to business. Tyki, I need you to go and take care of some innocence that is the area. Oh, and tell Allen he is welcome to come back when he wants." I smiled even wider as I talked.

"I'll take care of it, easy." Tyki said, his confidence somehow making its way through the phone to seep into my pores. "And the shounen will be fine, promise."

With that Tyki hung up and I was to sit in the dark on my rocking chair and go back to knitting, nothing else to do.

Allen’s POV:

I was eating at the table. Me and Tyki were having lunch. I had a large amount of food, as always, and Tyki had a small plate.

Tyki's phone rang so he picked it up and talked to the person on the phone for a couple of minutes, his face twisting in concern. He got up and walked a few metres away so I couldn't hear the conversation.

After Tyki finished with the phone call he came back and sat down to continue eating his food.

"I have a mission. Feel free to go back to the Ark" Tyki said, standing. I pushed my empty plate away and stood as well, pleading Tyki with my eyes.

"I don't want to go back to the Ark just yet and can I please join you on your mission" I pleaded, my eyebrows creasing in waiting for his answer.

"Fine, but you must stay out of sight and don't get involved when I'm fighting unless you are attacked."

I smiled, happy with the compromise, and nodded to Tyki's agreement.

We arrived at the destination in good time.

It was a dark forest with a small, winding path that weaved its way into the distance. I frowned, I didn't like it here. It was too dark and gloomy, and oh-so silent.

Too silent.

A small breeze was blowing, rustling me and Tyki's hair, and the leaves on the trees. The rustling cut through the silence like a knife and made sweat bead on my forehead.

Tyki and I stood on the outskirts of the forest. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I didn't like it here.

We walked through the forest until we came to a clearing. The clearing had a pond that had lily-pads floating in it. The moon lit up the clearing and the first thing I thought was 'Beautiful'.

I walked up to the water but stopped quickly when I heard voices coming toward us.

"Hide!" Tyki hissed, his voice bordering on urgency "They can't see you shounen! Hide!"

I nodded and ran to a nearby tree, pressing my back up against it and breathing quietly.

I risked a peek to where Tyki was and I could see the exorcists, walking towards where Tyki was. I could also see Tyki he was now hiding behind a tree, prepared to attack them.

The exorcists stood in-front of a pond and I took the chance to see what they looked like.

The one I had seen on the train, the red-head, was there, and so was the green-haired girl that had tried to take me from Tyki.

Like Tyki would ever hurt me...

There was another with dark blue hair that was tied in a pony-tail, except for two long strands on either side that framed his face.

He looked like a girl, but I knew he wasn't, as when he talked to the red-head his voice was deep, not high like the green-haired girls.

I turned back to hide behind the tree, but as my foot touched the ground there was a loud 'crack'.

SHIT!

The exorcists looked toward me and saw me. My eyes widened and I turned to run. Before I could even take a step a sword was right in-front of me, almost cutting into my throat.

I choked back a scream and started to step backwards, but almost immediately ran into the red-head.

I turned again and was about to slip through a gap next to the blue-headed boy when the red-head grabbed my wrist, leaving me nowhere to go...

"LET ME GO! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TRY AND TAKE ME!"

I tried to pull my wrist free from the red head but he just tightened his grip, his showing eye narrowing.

The girl walked over to see who it was yelling and when she saw me her eyes widened. It looked like she was shocked, but also confused as to why I was here.

I tried to pull out of his grip again when I smelt...

What the... Was that.... Cigarettes?

Tyki.

I sighed in relief and they cast worried looks at me. I smile as Tyki appears behind the girly looking samurai.

"Watch out Kanda!" The green-haired girl called.

The blue-haired dodged Tyki's attack and jumped closer to his comrades.

The red-head loosened his grip on my wrist. I took the chance and pulled my wrist free, trying to run towards Tyki.

I was stopped when someone grab my arms. I tried to see who it was but all I could see was green hair.

Tyki lit a new cancer stick before speaking.

"Give me the shounen or die trying to keep me from him." Tyki's voice was calm but had the perfect lining of fury in it. A smile stretched across his face in a sinister way.

When the green haired exorcist saw the smirk on Tyki's face she loosened her grip on me.

I hit her in the stomach with my elbow and she coughed violently.

I ran towards Tyki and stood behind him. Tyki looked me over before looking back at the exorcists.

The grumpy samurai ran towards Tyki with his sword and Tyki only just had enough time to summon his tease sword which he used to block the attack.

When Tyki was fighting the samurai I ran away from him so I wouldn't get hurt, just as Tyki had told me.

But when I was trying to flee the scene the red-head and girl came running towards me. Mt first thought was to knock them back.

The girl came flying towards me so I did the first thing that came to mind.

"Crown Clown!" I yelled. I called forth Crown Clown and knocked the girl down to the ground. All the red head did was stand there in shock. I grabbed the girl with Crown Clown and threw her at the red head.

When I attacked the exorcists a smile tugged at the corners of my lips. I don't know why but I found it kind of fun hurting them, their attempts were amusing.

Then, when I wasn't expecting it, the samurai tried to stab me. I jumped out of the road, narrowly dodging the blade, and landed next to Tyki.

A heart shaped door appeared and a spiky blue haired girl came rushing out toward me. Road gave me a tight hug then looked at the exorcists.

"The Earl wants you back ho~ome!" she sang, glaring at the exorcists. I nodded and followed Road through her door, although I had no choice as she grabbed my hand and dragged me.

Hope It Was Ok~

Well Farewell  For Now

-KillerAkuma