Boring Work

Chapter 5

Kanda’s POV:

Lenalee, Lavi and I walked into the dark forest, following the twisting path.

We came into a clearing.

There was a pond in the middle, the shimmering water reflection the light of the moon. The moon lit up the whole clearing, making it easy to see.

We walked toward the pond and stood at the side for a little while. I felt like someone was watching us, but when I glanced around, scanning the area, I could see no-one.

Then, just as Lenalee opened her mouth to say something, I heard a twig snap.

I zoned in on the location of the sound, seeing a shadow, and darted there, placing Mugen right at the person’s throat.

I looked over the boy, and he was... strange, to say the least.

He had blood red hair, he had mercury coloured eyes. He stumbled back and then turned to run the opposite way.

He ran straight into the stupid rabbit, Lavi.

Just as the boy tried to slip away Lavi grabbed a firm hold of the boys wrists and pulled them behind his back, leaving him helpless.

"LET ME GO!" the Moyashi was yelling now, demanding to be set free. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TRY AND TAKE ME!"

The boy stopped yelling and struggling after a few moments and just glared at us.

I narrowed my eyes as the boy visibly tensed and then sighed, a smile breaking across his face.

"Watch out Kanda!"

Lenalee's yell was all it took for me to feel the presence behind me.

I jumped out of the road at the last minute, just avoiding an attack.

I turned to look and I see a man with ash-grey skin and gold eyes looking at us, or more specifically, the Moyashi.

A Noah.

I glared at him and noticed Lavi's grip on the Moyashi had loosened.

The Moyashi pulled free and tried to run toward the Noah, but was stopped when Lenalee grabbed his arm.

I ran towards the Noah, planning on attacking him and he phased through the ground. I looked around wildly but could not see him.

I turned as I heard Lenalee start coughing and the boy slipped free ran to the Noah who had just showed up in front of the pond.

The boy stood behind the Noah and a checkered, heart shaped door rose from the ground.

A blue, spiky haired girl bounded out and hugged the Moyashi. She sang something inaudible before looking back at us, glaring. He dragged the crimson-haired boy through the door, still bounding with limitless energy.

The other Noah gave us one last glare, followed by a smirk, before following the others through the door.

We walked back to the Inn silently before reporting back to Komui.

Allen’s POV:

As I walked through the door I was greeted with a tight hug from the Earl. It shocked, and choked, me a bit. Well, it 'shocked' me a bit, but 'choked' me more than a bit.

I quickly started to hug back, because I knew when I started to hug back his hug loosens a little. He loosens his grip and I take in a few deep breaths of air, the feeling cold and good on my lungs.

The Earl stops hugging me and just widens his smile just a bit.

"I missed you Allen." he said, his smile widening even more.

I smiled back and said "I missed you and everyone else too."

After that we walked to the dining room and when I walked in I was greeted by Skin punching the shit out of an Akuma maid over something little again. I thought it was pretty funny watching him because meant nothing had changed with the family.

Nothing at all. Not yet, anyway.

The Twins were laughing there head off and rolling on the ground laughing. Sheryl was sitting down until he saw Road and ran to give her a hug. He was saying how adorable his daughter was and also gave me and Tyki a hug before sitting back down. When the Akuma maids brought the food out I stuffed my face like always, because I was hungry. And when I'm hungry my stomach is no longer a bottomless hole. It's a 'black hole', only getting bigger and bigger with the items sucked into it.

 After wolfing down 9 more trays full of food I had finished and was full..... for now.

The Earl cleared his throat and pulled out cards. He threw them in-front of Jasdevi, Skin, Tyki and Road.

“You are to kill the people on these cards. Are we clear?" the Earls eyes glinted dangerously.

They nodded and the Earl dismissed them. Road winked at me as she left and I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Allen, stay behind." I nodded and remained in my seat.

The Earl said I had to stay in the Ark for a couple of days to do school-work that Lulubell had assigned me to do so I would not to be captured by the Order.

Ugh, school-work...

So I was stuck in the Ark doing homework. Which was the funniest thing to do...

Complete sarcasm with a side order of... You guessed it, sarcasm!

I would take breaks now and then and sneak off to go play the piano in the white room, which I very much enjoyed.

I had found the room about a year ago and come in every now and play the white and black piano. I would play the piano whenever I got the chance or if I felt like it, which was often. I would gently push down on each key with the tip of my fingers, and every key made beautiful sound. I would spend an hour at the piano and then go back to work.

I walked back to the library in the Ark. I arrived at the double doors, pushed them open, walked in and went to grab the book I had to finish reading by the end of the week. I was a quarter into the book, and it was so BORING already, when I decided I would go see what the Earl was doing. I left the library and walked down the halls till I reach the Earl's room. I knocked timidly.

"Come in" a quiet voice said.

I opened the door and saw the Earl rocking back and forth on his chair.

I walked over. "Earl, why do I have to stay in the Ark. I was having fun travelling around with Tyki. Why did you say that I was not allowed to leave the Ark?Was it because of the stupid Order." My voice had a high pitch to it and sounded incredibly whiny.

Perfect.

The Earl just looked at me and sighed, amusement flashing in his eyes.

This Was Alright?

Well, If You Love AllenxRoad pairings Looked At My Other Story 'Emotioless Red'~

-KillerAkuma Destroying Her Way Outer Here~