Part 8

Mabel woke up as she heard the bus driver call out, "Gravity Falls!" She quickly put her backpack across her shoulders, grabbed her extra bag in one hand, and as gently as she could, she held Waddles in the other. Then, she raced out of the bus, and almost smacked her head with the huge "Welcome to Gravity Falls" sign. Despite everything she'd been through, she grinned at seeing the huge green letters welcoming her to the land of her favorite summer.

"Hey Mabel!"

Mabel turned around to see both Candy and Grenda waving at her next to one of the lampposts close to the sign, Mabel ran up to them, smiling wide. She quickly set Waddles down on the floor and hugged her people. 

"So, how have you been?" Candy asked in a slightly worried tone, her accent had vanished a little bit since they had last met, and she'd changed her glasses for smaller ones, but still, Mabel thought the look suited her.

"I've been doing fine, it's just, I really missed you guys, and besides, Piedmont's been really boring lately," Mabel replied calmly trying her best to sound like her usual, cheery self. No need to give them reasons to start worrying, I don't want to go back home any time soon. 

"Well, if that's the case, then we better get going, the whole town's been waiting for you to come back, even Pacifica's down at the town square waiting for you," Grenda bellowed in her usual loud voice, the trio started down the path down to the town chatting happily, Mabel felt happier than she had in months! She could already feel the stress starting to fade away...

???'s POV

Man, I guess they weren't kidding when they said Mabel was coming back... that's good to know, it's so hard to find her in Piedmont...

Oooh, I can hear a few folks talking around here... maybe I can offer them a deal.....

NO!! NO!!! Focus.... don't lose it..... not now....... 

Just a few words, I won't actually make any deals, just suggest the idea, and besides, why do I care about them.......

Can't....... Mabel..........

I run, I don't know in which direction, or where I'm going, I don't even care that I might end up reaching the town, all I want is to run away before Mabel finds me, I know I'm crashing into trees, and I know I could just teleport, but for some reason, I'm running away instead. 

I can be so weird sometimes.

3rd Person

Mabel turned her head as she heard some weird crashing noises coming from the woods, Waddles let out a small, terrified squeal.

"W-what was that?" she asked nervously, holding her bag close to her chest.

"Oh, that's nothing most of the time it's just some deer, they've been acting up around this time, but they haven't actually come out of the woods, so as long as we don't bother them, they don't bother us. But come on, we're late, and everyone's been waiting for hours!!" Grenda exclaimed grabbing Mabel's and Candy's hands, while running down the road. Mabel could see the top of the town's library over the trees, and the little bit of fear she'd had when she heard the crashing noises vanished.

Oh, Gravity Falls, it is good to be back!

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this part! I'm pretty sure you can all guess who it was back there, and just to let you guys know, I will occasionally switch over to 1st person in order to help you guys understand what that character is going through.

I'd also like to let you guys know that I might not update for a while (again) since as soon as school ends I'm going to be traveling for a while, and I'll be moving right after that, so you can expect a bit of a shortage in uploads, but I will post another part eventually. 

Until then.