Part 11

Mabel was pretty sure she was staring like an idiot for the past 4 minutes.

She didn't care.

She ended up running up to what looked-to-be-her-brother. And surprisingly, slapped him.

It was a harsh slap, like the ones they showed on soap operas, it was the kind of slap that you didn't really want to do, but you had to. She was partially horrified that he was just an illusion and that her hand was gonna faze right through him. Thank god, it didn't.

Her hand connected with his face and Dipper's(?) eyes widened from either the shock or the pain. (It was probably both.) Mabel was so surprised and relieved that she actually managed to ignore the fact that he now had golden eyes, as she quickly enveloped him in a hug.

"M-Mabel?"
She sniffled but held on tight, she didn't  care if he really wasn't her brother, she just needed the comfort.

"W-who else Dippingsauce?"

Dipper tensed up at the nickname, but ended up finally returning the hug, Mabel finally started sobbing, her tears staining Dipper's suit. (Where did he even get a suit from?!)

After what felt like an eternity, she finally pulled away and took a good look at her brother. 

He had the same hair, still brown, still really curly, his skin was still unervingly pale, and his nose was still a bit red. So all in all he hadn't really changed that much, except for one thing:

His eyes were a shiny, bright gold, with black pupils, which glowed lowly. They were honestly hypnotizing, and Mabel found herself staring at them and completely losing track of time, she eventually snapped back into reality. 

Dipper was staring at her with an expression that resembled bemusement, and some horror, which Mabel couldn't  understand, he seemed like he wanted to say something but didn't really know how; in other words: classic Dipper, Mabel decided to help him out with this one. 

"So.... Are you gonna bother with explaining to me where you've been and where you got those weird lamp eyes? I mean seriously, did you meet a magical unicorn with powers? And did you help it save its realm and in return gave you magical eyes?! I need to know!!!!!"

This startled Dipper out of whatever weird stupor he had been in. And he let out a nervous chuckle. 

"No Mabel, I didn't run into any unicorns, ever since that thing with the unicorn hair, I honestly doubt that they would even want to talk to any humans ever again."

Mabel snorted,  just like her brother to take the fun out of any of her weird theories. 

"Seriously though, where have you been Dipdop? Please tell me I'm not dreaming, oh god, this is a dream, isn't it?! No no no noononnononono!" Mabel kept screaming histerically, barely noticing the tears streaming down her cheeks. She couldn't handle this! She couldn't pretend that she was fine after seeing another one of her  dreams. She kept sobbing desperately, trying to calm herself down and failing horrendously. 

Until a pair of warm arms looped around her and pulled her into a warm chest. Dipper petted her softly while murmuring gentle whispers of 'calm down' and 'it's okay.' 

It took a while, but she eventually felt calm enough to look at her brother again, honestly rather embarrased that her twin had caught her during one of her breakdowns. Dipper looked oddly guilty, and he was looking at the floor like the world depended on it. 

"Dipdop? What's up?" Mabel asked. 

"You really shouldn't have seen me Mabel, you shouldn't even know I'm back, it's my fault you're like this, and me being here is just making it worse." Dipper answered in a low tone, gently setting Mabel down and standing up. 

"W-what? No! Dipper you can't leave!" Mabel yelled getting up as quickly as she could and running up to grab his sleeve. Dipper looked torn between leaving and staying. 

"Mabel, I really should go, and you should forget about me, you-"

"Dipper, if you leave right now I won't leave my room for the rest of the summer, and I won't stop until you show your face, I will really do this! You know I will!" Mabel cut Dipper off, desperate to keep her brother with her. 

Dipper paled, he couldn't let his twin do that, even if he really shouldn't be around people, he could already hear the voice in the back of his head, constantly whispering. 

How 'bout good ol' Sixer? He's always easy to persuade, just need to pull a few strings... Or Shooting Star! She would do literally anything! Just shake her hand... 

Dipper shook his head, trying his best to ignore the constant voice. But still, the idea of his twin staying in her room all summer was horrifying to think about, she'd already done enough of that in Piedmont. 

Against his better judgment, Dipper sighed and muttered, "Fine, but just for a while." 

Mabel's face lit up so much it could've actually rivaled the sun, she let out a squeal followed by a "YESSSS!!! THANK YOU!!!! Thank you!! Thank you!!" She jumped up to hug her brother, who just awkwardly reciprocated it. 

Mabel jumped up and down excitedly, changing back to her old self almost immediatly, she began to drag her brother (who began to float instead of walk, seriously she was going to have to ask him about that later.) 

If she looked behind her, she probably would have noticed, that the grass where Dipper was sitting hadn't changed. 

Almost as if he'd never sat there in the first place. 

Okay, took forever and I'm super sorry about that guys, I wish I could say that I'm gonna start updating more regularly now, but I'm moving to Norway soon, so who knows how long it's gonna be. 

I'll try to make the chapters shorter so I can post sooner, but who knows. 

Until then, enjoy the chapter, and stay awesome!!! 

-Spring