Part 9

After an hour of festivities on the town square Mabel began to head back to the Shack, she was glad to see that the town had stayed pretty much the same, besides some extra hotels for tourists, but Mabel was confused, why would there be tourists in Gravity Falls besides wanting to see the Mystery Shack? Everyone kept calling her a hero, "The One Who Defeated Bill". Eventually, she asked Candy and Grenda to come with her to the Shack, she said it was because she was tired and wanted to unpack, but really, it was because she couldn't stand hearing Dipper's name one more time.

--------------------------------------Time Skip--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mabel felt at home the second she saw the Shack, she saw Soos sweeping some trash that some of the previous tourists had left behind, he was humming some sort of weird tune that Mabel didn't recognize, but as soon as he saw her, he smiled his usual goofy smile and ran up to her. "How's it going Hambone?" He asked her, he seemed like his usual, carefree self, but Mabel noticed a note of hidden worry in his voice, Mabel smiled at him and said, "I'm fine Soos, how's the Shack been doing?"

Soos's worry vanished almost instantly.

"It's been doing great! Mr. Pines has come up with a bunch of new attraction, and his brother's been inventing all sorts of cool inventions, so the Shack's become a lot more popular than before. Soos sounded really excited but Mabel felt slightly disappointed, she'd hoped that the Shack would have stayed the same, just like the town. "That sounds great Soos! I can't wait to see it!" She said, trying to hide her disappointment. Nonetheless, she ran up to the Shack feeling excited about living there once again; she opened the door, expecting to see Wendy sitting at the counter, the shelves filled with the same merchandise, and the vending machine/entryway to Ford's lab like it had been last time.

Instead, she entered what looked like some sort of crowded arcade.

People were covering the whole place, there were about 6 new cashiers, the shelves were filled with new merchandise, such as stuffed animals, notebooks, phone covers, and who knew what else, there was some old timey music that she didn't recognize playing on the speakers, and there were lights EVERYWHERE (since the place was so crowded that the windows couldn't let in any sort of light.)

In other words, it was so crowded Mabel could barely breathe.

She began turning around, thinking it would be better to sleepover at GRenda's house instead when she heard a familiar voice calling her. "Hey Mabel!" She turned around and saw Wendy standing in the corner next to the vending machine (which had surprisingly, remained the same.) Soos had to leave and fix something elsewhere, so Mabel began to wade her way through the sea of people with Waddles hugging her heels, and with Candy and Grenda tailing her, eventually, she managed to reach Wendy, panting, and out of breath.

"Hey.... Wendy...." She managed to wheeze out, which made wendy laugh, "Hey dude, really crowded right? DOn't worry, it's just Rush Hour, it'll calm down after a while, here follow me." She led them to one of the rooms that weren't open to public, once she shut the door and Mabel could breathe properly again, she let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Wendy, what the heck is going on?! Doesn't the Shack only get about 16 visitors every day? It's like a madhouse out there!" She exclaimed, Wendy chuckled, "I know right? What happened was, that for some reason, ever since the incident with the triangle guy, tourists have been swarming Gravity Falls, and Stan kept finding a buuuuuunch of weird stuff that the triangle guy had left behind, so he came up with a whole bunch of new attractions. And- Oh, sorry, I forgot about that..."

Wendy stopped nervously once she noticed that Mabel had her head facing the floor, and wasn't saying anything she stayed quiet for a few seconds, before speaking up again, "I-it's fine W-wendy, wh-where are Grunkle S-stan and G-grunkle Ford?" Mabel tried to sound calm, but to be honest, whenever someone mentioned her brother she tended to go into a panic attack, (she had no idea how she hadn't broken down back in the town. Luck, I guess.)

She wasn't very convincing, but Wendy didn't push the subject, "Well, Stan's in his office, and Ford leaves almost every day to look for more creatures. Anyways, I have to go back to work, Grenda and Candy can take you to Stan's office. See ya!" And with that, Wendy opened the door and ran back to the madness that was the gift shop.

Candy put a hand on Mabel's shoulder and said in a comforting tone, "DOn't Worry Mabel, the Shack may have changed, but everyone else is still the same, and you can still come over to our houses and have sleepovers with us."

"Yeah, and besides, my mom bought a bunch of new romance novels last week that we can read!" Grenda exclaimed as she ran out the door and into the hallway, mabel laughed, an actual laugh, not fake, not forced. Maybe she just had to give the new Shack a chance, who knew, she might end up enjoying herself. Come on Mabel, you came here to relax and be yourself, don't get worked up over something so small so soon.

So with a deep breath, she followed Candy and Grenda out of the door and into Stan's office.

---------------------------Time Skip ('Cause I can't do reunions)----------------------------------------

Mabel let out a tired sigh as she finished setting up her bed, Waddles was taking a nap on the floor while he waited, she hadn't been able to see Grunkle Ford, (because according to everyone he spent the whole day outside, and only came back at around midnight.) But she hoped that she could catch him tomorrow, she'd finished unpacking and she was exhausted, Grunkle Stan had let her have her old room in the attic, the one she'd shared with Dipper.

She carried Waddles over to her bed and climbed on, she got comfortable, and turned around to turn off the light when she stopped.

She saw the bed at the other end of the room; Dipper's bed. She started to shake, she could practically see Dipper taking out his mystery novel and getting ready to read it. Mabel shut her eyes tight and turned off the light quickly, then turned around to face the wall, she hugged Waddles tight, and hoped that she wouldn't have any bad dreams tonight.

Just as she was falling asleep she heard a soft, voice that sounded familiar, -but she couldn't place where- say, "Sweet Dreams Mabel." So she settled herself and went to sleep, unaware of the pair of golden eyes watching her through the window.  

I am back! And here you go, super long chapter, sorry I took so long, but it's probably gonna be like this from now on, anyways, thanks a million for all the views and votes that you've given this book!! Stay awesome, and until next time!!