Chapter 4

Dylan's POV

"So what did you think of the movie?" Liam asked as he got off the sofa to switch the lights back on.

The movie was great, I enjoyed the feeling of exhilaration you got when something in the movie made you jump. I wouldn't say that it wasn't scary, but I wasn't shaking in my seat the entire time.

"It was great," I said.

"Really? Even when you fell off the sofa half way through" Harry laughed.

"I didn't fall" I said and the boys gave me a look. "Okay technically I did fall but that doesn't mean I didn't like the movie."

"So you weren't scared?" Zayn asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nope," I shook my head.

Suddenly there was a loud bang from outside and I grabbed onto the nearest pillow, looking around nervously and then realising that the boys were all laughing at me.

"Sure you weren't scared Dyls?" Liam said.

"Okay maybe just a tiny bit," I admitted.

Liam chuckled and grabbed the empty pizza boxes that had been left on the coffee table. He headed through to the kitchen and I followed him, wanting to talk to him a bit more before I had to go home.

"I'm sorry if the move scared you, you should have said something and we would have switched it off," Liam sighed, looking over at me while folding up the boxes.

"Don't worry about it, I didn't want the movie to stop anyway," I said.

"Why's that?"

"Because then you would have stopped cuddling me," I said sheepishly.

"Of course I wouldn't have stopped babe, I was worried that you were finding me annoying or thinking that I was babying you," Liam said, relief clear in his voice.

Liam had had his arm around me while we were watching the movie and allowed me to lean on his chest, I had never really realised how nice it was going to be to have a big brother, someone there to protect me.

"Well it made me feel less scared, so that's a good thing," I smiled and Liam nodded in agreement.

Liam looked down and checked his watch, his smile fading quickly.

"We better get going, we're going to be late getting back even if we leave now," he sighed.

"Oh" I said, my smile fading as well.

"I don't want you to leave yet."

"I'd like to stay as well really, but mum doesn't want me to," I added sadly.

"I'll talk to her when I drop you off so that I can organise another time for you to come round, maybe next time you could stay the night?"

"That would be great," I said, my happiness returning.

Liam nodded in agreement. After helping him tidy around the kitchen a bit we made our way back into the living room where Zayn and Harry were lounging around on the sofas.

"Thanks for helping lads," Liam said sarcastically, hitting Zayn on the back of the head with a pillow. "We're going to set off, Dylan's mum hates me enough already without me taking her home late as well."

"Okay," Harry sighed, standing up from the sofa and making his way over to me. "Can I give you my number?"

"Of course," I said happily, handing him my phone.

Zayn walked over as well and took the phone from Harry once he had finished. They put my number into their phones as well and I hugged both the boys goodbye, each of them telling me to text them when I could.