Chapter 10

Dylan's POV

My chest tightened as the recent events continued to circulate my mind, preventing me to think of anything else. What was going to happen? Would Liam's mum make me leave? Would Liam himself make me leave? I rocked back and forth, the unanswered questions refused to leave my mind.

I heard footsteps approach the door, but the person did not make any attempt to knock on the door or open it, they simply stood outside for a minute.

"Dylan," Liam's voice said softly. "Can I speak to you please?"

I swallowed in an attempt to get rid of the oncoming tears.

"Yes," I said quietly.

Liam opened the door and made his way over to my bed, sitting down on the end of it he turned back to look at me, sympathy in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Dylan," Liam shook his head and looked down at his lap. "I planned for mum to leave before you got back, but that obviously didn't happen."

There was a moment of silence while I attempted to think of something to say.

"Do you want me to" I took a deep breath, "do you want me to leave?"

"What?" Liam turned back in shock. "No, of course not! Mum could never take you away from me, I'm not letting you go just like that, you're family Dyls."

"I know," I tried to smile. "But I don't want to make you and your mum argue. I don't want your relationship with each to fall apart."

"Dylan, it won't, and if anyone needs to make a change it's mum," Liam explained. "You've done nothing wrong, so you shouldn't have to pay the consequences. Besides, it would hurt me even more if you had to leave."

"It would hurt me too."

"Come here," Liam opened his arms for a hug which I crawled into, leaning my head against his shoulder. "No one should have to hear that kind of thing from their own mother, no matter if they've known them their whole life or just seen them for the first time."

I contemplated his statement and began to worry. It reminded me how I really didn't know her, so should I really have reacted like that? The other boys probably thought I was some sort of wimp, or someone who just ran away from their problems.

"Hey, um Liam...your mums still downstairs," Harry approached the door and you looked up to see Niall behind him.

"Thanks, I'll go and talk to her," Liam looked down at me and smiled sympathetically before heading out of the room, leaving Niall and Harry to stand in the doorway awkwardly.

I  looked down at your lap, fiddling with my fingers and trying to think of something to say.

"Really nice wall you've got here," Niall commented. "I really love the, wall like features."

I smiled and let out a chuckle.

"What a way to start a conversation," I applauded him and he smirked.

"Broke the ice didn't it?" He pointed out and moved over to where I was sat, slumping down on the bed next to me she motioned for Harry to sit on the other side.

"I'm sorry for, you know, what happened back there," I sighed. "I overreacted and I promise I'm not-"

"Bullshit," Niall dismissed me, making me chuckle.

"We probably would have done the same. But I guess we can't really understand because we've got normal families-" Harry cut himself off with wide eyes when he realised what had come out his mouth. "I mean, I'm not saying that your weird or anything."