Chapter 9

Dylan's POV

I laid on my bed in silence, waiting for something even slightly more exciting to happen. There wasn't really anything to do, I had left my phone downstairs, I didn't have a TV in my room, and I couldn't even do homework because it was the summer holidays.

"Dylan," I heard someone whisper from behind my door. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," I whispered back.

Niall opened the door slowly and walked in, closing it quietly behind him and sending me a smile once he had completed his task.

"I'm so, so sorry about what's happened," he apologised. "I honestly tried to take the blame, but Liam says that you need to learn your lesson. But Jesus he's starting to sound like a parent."

Niall laughed but I could only let a small chuckle escape my mouth.

"What's up?"

"Well I've screwed up pretty badly haven't I," I chuckled coldly. "I've embarrassed myself in front of Sophia and also ruined her dress, Liam's mad at me, and I've not even been here for a month."

"First of all Sophia's convinced Liam that it's all good and that she can just get it dry cleaned," Niall explained. "And second of all I think Liam's still getting used to this whole guardian thing, he's trying to figure out boundaries for you, but he doesn't want to be to controlling, you know?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "How did you get here anyway, I thought Liam said no one was allowed to talk to me?"

"He's gone out to take the dress to the dry cleaners," Niall informed me.

"I really want to apologise to him, and don't worry, I'll take the blame," I said.

"But that's not fair on you, I was the one who ruined the dress!"

"Having a tell-tale twin sister gets you used to taking the blame for things you didn't do," I chuckled and Niall, although he still looked displeased by the situation, nodded in agreement.

We headed back downstairs to where the boys were sat in the living room watching TV, thankfully Liam had not yet returned to the house with Sophia.

"And the prisoner is out," Louis stated.

"I've come to apologise," I said.

"It's okay, we forgive you" Harry said and I rolled my eyes, giggling.

"Not to you, you doof, to Liam. Whenever he gets back," I added, chuckling.

"Did Sophia go with him?" I asked.

Harry nodded and we sat in silence. The boys watched the TV but I didn't pay attention, instead I planned out what I was going to say when Liam got back, and trying to think of what I could do if he didn't accept my apology. I could pay for the dry-cleaning? But God knows how much it costs. I could do extra chores? But there weren't really any chores to do anyway.

"You wouldn't believe the traffic, I think there's some sort of event-" Liam said once he entered the house, but stopped talking when I caught his attention. "What are you doing down here?"

"Um, I was just...can we talk?" I asked nervously, turning around in the sofa.

"Why?"

"Just...please can we?" I gulped and Harry squeezed my knee comfortingly.

Liam sighed and nodded, heading into the kitchen where I guessed I was meant to follow him to. On the way there I passed Sophia in the doorway.

"I'm so sorry," I said.