Chapter 18

Liams POV

I didn't know what to do. I was completely stuck. I couldn't very well stand in her families house and refuse to leave. How I was going to be able to make contact with her wasn't clear. I had had her phone number for too long before it was too late to make contact again.

"Liam, whats wrong with you?" one of the sound check people ripped me from my chain of thought.

"Oh sorry, where were we?" I asked, confused.

"No where because you won't concentrate" Louis walked up to us, looking slightly annoyed, "what IS wrong with you today mate"

I nodded in the direction of a more private area and Louis followed me over.

"I went to see Dylan yesterday" I said quickly all in one breath.

"You idiot, why?" Louis rolled his eyes.

"Well it was her birthday, and I just really wanted-"

"You went to see her, on her birthday?" Louis looked even more aggravated now, "look you haven't made contact with her in six months and you think that seeing her on that one special day might make her feel good?"

"Well, yeah" I shrugged.

"Not going to lie man, thats kind of messed up" Zayn caught my attention and I turned around face him. "Leave her alone, she's happy now"

"How would you know?" I blurted out.

Zayn and Louis glanced apprehensively at each other.

"You've been in contact with her, haven't you?" 

"Yeah, we checked up on her. Since her real brother couldn't be bothered we made it our job" Zayn seemed to have little amounts of guilt left in him. "Look, you have about as much control over her as we do. And thats none"

"Let her live her life. And you'll live yours. You made that decision Liam, and it really did kill her" Louis shook his head and together him and Zayn walked towards the other two boys. 

As if I hadn't felt conflicted enough, this really did put the icing on the cake. 

Dylan's POV

"We're just saying Dylan, maybe it would be more suitable to have an organised conversation with Liam rather than just let this opportunity go?" my latest social worker suggested.

I had had multiple new social workers since I moved to Bradford. They decided that since I was in a stable new home, I didn't need the stability of having the same worker every time.

"Or I could carry on acting like he has nothing to do with me? Just like he acted like I had nothing to do with him after he tried to ditch me?"

"Thats not the right way to go about things, at least I don't think" what looked like a trainee student flicked through her guidebook which was half the size of her. "Theres nothing here on this topic"

"What a shock, you don't get many celebrity brothers who ditch their sisters to move to another country and then don't contact them for six months?"

The social worker went red and I rolled my eyes. 

We both decided that the session had come to an end. I picked up my backpack and walked out of the building onto the quiet back street. Breathing in the warm summer air took the chance to go for a walk.

"You alright monkey?" a familiar northern accent caused me to whip around and come face to face with Zayn. Well,the neck of Zayn.

"Jesus man don't stand so close" I jumped back in shock.

Zayn laughed and my heart warmed at his familiar smile that I had missed so much.

"Liam told me what happened" Zayn said as he walked along side me.

"Liam still in Bradford?" I asked quickly.

"No, we were in London for a recording but I came up here to see you" Zayn said and I couldn't help but grin.

"Thats all you came to tell me?" I wondered.

"No, I came to check up on you" Zayn said, but then he shook his head. "Also, my family are on holiday which I forgot and I don't really want to stay in a hotel"

"Ill ask Fiona, idiot" I said and he shoved me over.

I attempted to push him back but he caught hold of my shoulders and moved me around so I tripped over my feet.

When I first got to know Liam I loved the relationship of having a big brother. Someone who sometimes acted like a parent but then at the same time could punch you and somehow manage to get away with it.

I called Fiona on our walk home and she was more than happy to cater for one more. Although I was slightly nervous, I hoped that she wouldn't hold anything against Zayn because of my own brothers actions.

But when we arrived, she welcomed Zayn with open arms. Pedro gave him a friendly handshake and Mateo gave him a friendly lick on the had, which made everyone uncomfortable.

"Mateo, no debes hacer eso" I ruffled his hair. "Puedes ser muy stupido a veces"

Zayn turned to me with an exaggerated eyebrow raise.

"What can I say, Im a language genius" I flicked my hair.

"You're big headed" He shrugged and followed Fiona into the dining room where a large bowl of spaghetti sat in the middle of the table with five plates around it.

At dinner Fiona mostly asked Zayn questions about his work and family whilst I listened and occasionally joined in. Mateo got bored and decided to eat under the table, tickling everyones feet while they mock kicked him.

"You two can have the living room to watch a film if you like?" Fiona offered as she cleared everyones plates into the kitchen and Pedro went to finish some work.

I thanked her and Zayn and I collapsed into the sofas in the living room, deciding to watch 'The Duff'. Honestly, Zayn didn't really have a say, but it was an uplifting film so why not?

By the timothy end credits came on Zayn head had fallen into my lap and was softly snoring, like the adult he was.

His phone vibrated on the floor, obviously having fallen out of his pocket. I picked it up to put it into his pocket until I realised that Liam had texted him. 

'Has it worked? Zayn you know how much we need her for publicity.'

My heart sank as I read the typed message. What. The. Hell.