Chapter 11

Dylan's POV

"Hey monkey," Zayn's voice grabbed my attention. "Can I sit?"

He motioned to the floor next to me. I looked up at him, worried that if I let him sit with me he would want to talk, and that I might break down right in front of him. But I couldn't be rude to him, after all he cared enough to come and ask if I was alright.

"Mhm," I mumbled.

He bent down and sat cross legged next to me, looking out to the same plane I had been watching.

"You've been on a plane before, right?" He asked, his choice of subject surprising me.

"Yeah, I went abroad every year. My dad worked away a lot so it was nice to be able to have family time," I explained.

Zayn nodded in understanding.

"The first time I went on a plane was with the boys," Zayn chuckled, his eyes lit up as he recalled the memory.

"I bet they had fun with that," I said, a smile pulling at my mouth.

"They wouldn't miss an opportunity like that," Zayn laughed and shook his head.

I looked up at Zayn, who was opening his mouth to say something. But I already knew what that something was, and to my luck I had a chance to stop it before the situation went down hill.

"Please, I don't want to talk about it," I said quietly.

"Dylan you can't just bottle it all up," Zayn sighed.

"Says who?" I mumbled.

Zayn sighed again and stood up, causing my heart to drop. I had said the wrong thing, and I knew it. I didn't want to be rude, but that was what I had been. I had snapped at him when he only wanted to help.

"We're getting on in five minutes," he informed be before turning away.

"Zayn," I said quickly, causing him to look back at me, his eyebrows raised. "I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude. I'm just not good with talking about how I feel, I don't like people feeling sorry for me."

He nodded in understanding and motioned for me to go over to him. I complied and when I approached him he embraced me in a hug. No words, just a simple act of comfort that is often under appreciated.

Soon we boarded the plane, a complicated operation that exhausted security as they tried to keep random, over excited fans from fainting as well as making sure the boys didn't do anything stupid. The boys made the most of being able to wind up the already tired security guards, and I wasn't sure if I should laugh at them or feel sorry for them.

"Are we all staying together in LA?" I asked Liam as he shoved his bag into the overhead locker.

"Yeah, management booked out an entire floor in a hotel for us," Liam told me, sighing, he slumped down into his seat.

I seated myself next to him while Zayn and Louis sat in the two seats across from us. I watched amusedly as the two of them checked out the air hostess, complete unaware of how unsubtle they were being. They continued to gawk at her until I coughed, catching their attention.

"What?" Louis asked.

I held up my phone in which I had selected pictures of Perrie and Eleanor. I switched between the two of them while Zayn and Louis' cheeks flushed and they chuckled awkwardly. I smiled sweetly and nodded, confirming that they had a right to be embarrassed.

Although I had been on a plane before, I had never once been on a long haul flight. A flight that lasted more than four hours was a new experience for me, and not one that I endured with happiness throughout.