Chapter 15

Dylan's POV

"Did you hear the news? Her brothers moving away without her," whispers followed me wherever I went.

I guessed I should have been grateful that no one was being directly mean to me, but they didn't appreciate that I could actually hear what they were saying.

"She must be in care or something," another girl whispered from the desk behind me.

I could only pretend that I did not hear them, and continued with the work that had been set. Of course, Faith had been the first to confront me about the situation. I was nervous about how she would react, not only to the fact I was in care, but that I had lied to her. However, luck was on my side, and she forgave me quickly and only asked if there was anything she could do.

Days passed before anything more happened. Not that I was particularly happy when I saw who was at the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Liam.

Angie stood by the side of the front door, looking between us without saying a word.

"I don't want him here," I told her.

"If he is leaving the country, we need to sort out a more temporary arrangement for you," Angie sighed. "I'm sorry I couldn't have given you more of a warning."

I looked behind Liam and saw Harry and Sophia stood in the porch way.

"I don't see what there is to talk about, he didn't want me," I pointed at Liam.

"I think you should go into the visitors room, okay?" Angie suggested.

I shrugged carelessly, and led the three of them into the little room. I walked straight over to the window and stared out onto the street, I wished that I could somehow be free out there, rather than stuck in the room.

"Are we going to talk?" Liam asked impatiently.

"I'm not the one who needs to do the explaining," I pointed out.

"I think you do. Why haven't you even tried to contact me? Why did you reject my visit?" He asked.

"Why do you fucking think Liam?" I cursed, causing them to turn to me shocked.

"Dylan..." Liam's voice had softened.

"Do you ever know how I felt? I found out for the second time that my parents weren't who I thought they were, well one of them anyway," I said. "And then you send me here, so you can 'figure things out'. Well you know what? I had to figure things out all on my own because of you, and it fucking hurt me."

"Please, just stop," Liam said.

"Stop what?" I fumed.

Liam groaned and fell onto the sofa.

"I called and called, but you never picked up. I then realised that you didn't have your phone. But then it was too late to do anything. But I'm sorry Dylan, I'm so sorry for everything that's happened, but I can't turn back time."

"You sent me away when I needed you the most."

Liam looked down at his lap guiltily.

"I just wanted someone there," my voice cracked.

Liam looked up at me and sighed. He glanced down to my neck and then back up at me.

"What's that?" He said, nodding his head towards the necklace dangling around my neck. "That's Harry's, isn't it?"

I gulped, "yes, is that a problem?"

"Wait, you came to see her?" Liam stood up and looked to Harry.