Chapter Six

WARNING: INSANE AMOUNT OF FLUFFINESS AHEAD. You have been warned. Oh, and this chapter goes out to the best comment on last chapter. I liked reading those, they were funny! Anyways, same applies for this chapter. Best comment gets dedication. Oh and it's LONGER! The chapter, I mean.

It had been four days since Niall had awoken from his unusual dream. It had turned out that he’d been out for three days, between the two times he blacked out. He couldn’t believe he had been out that long.

Harry had agreed to Niall’s terms of being friends. The curly-haired boy had looked so happy when Niall had agreed to be friends. Niall wished that Harry wouldn’t seem too happy. And he wished that there could be some way he and Harry couldn’t be friends, but he knew that wasn’t going to happen. Niall just didn’t want the whole ‘Zayn-fiasco’ to repeat itself. It would hurt a lot if it did, something Harry said he’d understand.

Niall was nervous, however. Today was the day that his and Harry’s project was due. Today would be the day Niall would see just how well Harry did on the project, and just how good of a partner he was. Niall would use that as a measurement on how well Harry would do in their friendship.

Niall could feel himself getting nervous as he and Harry waited for their turn. Right now, it was Liam presenting. Niall’s face went red as he remembered his dream where Liam and Zayn were together, and everyone was naked. However, he was able to shake that thought out of his mind, and pay attention as Liam finished his presentation.

Finally, it was Niall and Harry’s turn. Niall could feel himself getting extremely nervous. He wasn’t completely sure if he wanted to present right now. He could feel his nerves racking up. He wondered to himself if it was too late to back out.

"Come on, Niall, you look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” Niall knew Harry was only joking, but something about that comment made Niall feel as though he could do it. Maybe it was because Harry was almost implying he couldn’t do it. And Niall didn’t like it when people thought he couldn’t do it.

Although, the bell chose that moment to go off.

Harry smirked at Niall, and said, “Well, at least you don’t have to worry about going today. It’s funny seeing you nervous, Horan.”

“Shut it, Styles,” Niall whispered, feeling a blush creeping up on him.

This was something he and Harry had been doing for a while. They were more likely to say the others’ last name than the first name. It had just been something that had evolved over their four-day friendship. Niall wasn’t sure how it had started, it just did.

The next day came quickly, almost too quickly for Niall’s liking. He and Harry were eating lunch when the unthinkable happened. Someone joined them. And that someone happened to be Louis Tomlinson, one of Niall’s biggest bullies.

“Hello, Niall, Harry,” Louis said, sounding very polite. He nodded his head to both occupants at the table as he said their names.

“What do you want Tomlinson?” Harry spat at the smaller, brunette boy.

“Can’t I just say hello?” Louis asked, looking innocent, as though he’d forgotten that he’d helped Zayn put Niall in the hospital. Niall knew he did not though, nor would he ever.

“No,” Harry said, directly, sounding fierce. “You want something, Tomlinson. And I want to know what you want, now, before I hurt you like I hurt Zayn!”

Niall stared at Harry, almost shocked. He didn’t know Harry could be so…dramatic. And something told Niall he liked that. But, Niall was curious about Louis too. What could he possibly want with Harry and Niall? Niall wasn’t sure, but he was worried that it was something bad. Louis had been making fun of him long before Zayn had. But, he had fallen to second-worst in school once Zayn started to tease and hurt and bully Niall.

“Fine,” Louis grumbled. “I need someone to hang out with while Zayn is suspended. Can I hang with you?”

“What, so that you can betray us the instant your boyfriend gets back?” Harry asked, not even giving Niall a chance to speak.

“Boyfriend?” Louis asked, sounding completely shocked at Harry’s accusation. “No, you’re mistaken; I don’t like Zayn like that. He’s just my best mate. Plus, Zayn likes someone else, and so do I.” With that, Niall could have sworn he caught Louis looking at him through the corner of Louis’s eyes.

Harry must’ve caught that look too, because he let out a growl, and put his hands around Niall. Niall shrugged him off though. “What the hell, Harry? It’s not like we’re together.”

“Sorry,” Harry murmured, not sounding too sorry at all.

“You can sit by us,” Niall said, turning to face Louis. “However, I don’t want you to go and bully me anymore. If you start bullying me once Zayn gets back from being suspended, then I will never talk to you again. Nor will I be so nice next time Zayn gets suspended. Do you hear me?”

“Yes, Niall, I hear you,” Louis said, smiling widely. He then sat down, sitting right next to Niall. He started to eat his lunch then, and Niall could’ve sworn that every so often, Louis kept looking at him.

Lunch passed by quickly, and it turned out Louis really wasn’t that bad of a person. He kept up a steady conversation with both Harry and Niall, and Niall really felt as though Louis was trying.

And when Harry and Niall went to their last class of the day, Niall was extremely happy to find that a substitute was teaching the class today, so that he and Harry wouldn’t have to present their project. Niall was still nervous about that, because he was scared that everything would not be perfect, and everything had to be perfect. Although, since hanging with Harry, sometimes he forgot to straighten his pile of stuff during the last period, or he wouldn’t try too hard to fix his pencils.

That reminded him, Harry had killed his pencils that first day they met. Niall was still supposed to be mad at Harry, but he wasn’t, and he didn’t see how he could ever be mad at him now. Not now that they’d become such good friends.

Protective much of someone not yours, Harry? Hmmm. What do you guys think of Louis's new role in this book? I just came up with that yesterday too. It wasn't supposed to happen, I promise.