Chapter Sixteen

You guys are gonna want to kill me by the end. Just wait, and stick around. Dedication because of the first comment on the last chapter.

“Where have you been, Niall?” Louis asked, his voice still sounding harsh.

“At Liam’s,” Niall replied truthfully. Right now, Louis was scaring him half-to-death, but he must have a good reason, right? After all, it was Niall’s fault he got caught up in talking to Harry. Crap, he shouldn’t of been talking to Harry.

It was then that he felt a burn against his cheek. He focused his eyes back on Louis, and it was only then that he realized Louis had just hit him, hard.

“That hurt,” Niall exclaimed, feeling the tears rising in his eyes.

“Goddamn it, Niall!” Louis exclaimed, “I can’t believe you’re lying to me! You weren’t at Liam’s. Zayn texted me a half hour ago, telling me that Liam had just showed up for their date, and he was excited about it. You should’ve been here. Now, answer me honestly, where were you?

“I told you,” Niall sniffled, between his tears falling from his eyes, “I was at Liam’s.”

This time, it was a blow straight to his stomach. Niall clutched his stomach painfully, feeling even more tears coming to his face. He had no idea his beautiful boyfriend could be so rude. He had never seen this side of him.

“Tell me the fucking truth, Niall,” Louis shouted, even louder, if that was possible. “I know you weren’t at Liam’s. Were you with Harry? Or is there someone else in your life? Are you replacing me?” With that, his voice broke, and he started to cry. Within seconds, he had melted back into the Louis that Niall had fallen in love with. His blue eyes met Niall’s, and he whispered, “I am so sorry, Niall. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He lifted his hand up, and cradled where he had stung Niall’s cheek. “I am so sorry, babe. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I don’t know what happened. Did I hurt you a lot?”

Niall just sniffled. He didn’t have to let Lou know exactly how bad it hurt. After all, he seemed as though he really meant his apology. Maybe Niall could forgive Louis, and then this side of Lou wouldn’t come out again. All he would have to do was make sure he wasn’t late anymore.

“It doesn’t hurt so bad,” Niall whispered. “Do you have a movie picked out?”

“I was thinking The Notebook,” Louis whispered. “Do you want to watch it with me?”

Niall nodded. He’d seen The Notebook; he had watched it with his mum a while ago, but he could definitely watch it again, especially this time with Louis. Louis quickly stuck the movie in, and then came back to the couch, where he snuggled up with Niall.

When the movie was over with, Niall’s cheek was really stinging. He could feel the tears coming back, and when Lou turned the lights on, he looked horrified.

“Your face,” he murmured. “I ruined your beautiful face, Niall. How could I do this to you? I’m such a monster.”

“No, it’s not your fault,” Niall whispered. “If I hadn’t been so…”

“No, don’t go blaming yourself for it,” Louis whispered. “I should’ve known you don’t lie. If you say that you were at Liam’s, then I should’ve known it. Obviously Zayn is mad because I’m dating you now, and I don’t have as much time for him. That little act at school was just that, an act. He probably just texted me to make it seem as though you were a horrible boyfriend.”

Niall wanted to tell Lou that that wasn’t the case, but he was worried that if he did, it would only get him into more trouble. Plus, then Louis would just pry, and try to figure out why Niall was so late. And then, Niall would have to say that it was because he was talking to Harry, and obviously that would only make Louis even more pissed.

Niall smiled, and just nodded in assent. “He probably did.”

Sorry for such the short and sucky chapter. I tried making it longer, I honestly did, but I just COULDN’T. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t kill me. I don’t want to die. This is all part of a plan to get Narry together, and yes they will be together eventually…maybe. Heehee :) What did you guys think of how Lou treated Niall? Was it overdone? I’m sorry, this was like the hardest chapter I’ve ever written in my life. The next chapter might be better, I’m not sure. Within the next few chapters though, there WILL be happiness :) Just wait, you’ll all start liking me soon. And then you’ll hate me again.