Chapter Fourteen

Dedication to HopeHummelAnderson simply because we were messaging last night, and she totally got why Harry was in the CPR class :) I shall not tell you though, because of the fact that it stretches among the next few chapters. I hope you guys enjoy :)

The next week passed by rather quickly, and so did the weekend. Within the week, Niall and Louis had gone out on three dates, not counting the one on Saturday. So, all in all, they had gone through four dates, plus another one on Saturday. For some odd reason though, while eating lunch at school, Liam didn’t sit by Louis and Niall, even though Niall had said he could. When Niall asked Liam about it, Liam just shrugged, and said he had other things he needed to do.

Now, though, it was Monday. It was the moment of truth. Today, Zayn would be coming back. Niall would see just what Zayn thought of his best mate dating the guy Zayn reviled. Niall was very nervous Zayn would get pissed at Niall for stealing away Louis from him, and then decide it was time to rearrange Niall’s face, and this time he would not have Harry to count on. And what if Harry had been right about everything, and this was all some kind of revenge prank? Niall wasn’t sure if he could live with that. He didn’t think he wanted to. That would be so bad if it turned out to be true, and Niall would feel extremely sad.

Niall and Louis walked into school, holding hands, as they did every day. Niall saw Liam, looking nervous, and he detangled himself from Louis’s hands, and went up to his friend. “It’ll be okay,” he whispered to Liam. “Just, remember, go up and ask him, and if he says no, then, he wasn’t worth it in the end.”

Liam simply nodded his head, and then walked up to where Zayn, who had just entered the school five seconds ago, was standing. Niall couldn’t hear the conversation, and Louis joined him, but Niall caught Zayn smiling, and nodding. Then, Liam came running back to Niall, but slowed down when he saw Louis was with him. He looked as though he was about to walk away, but then changed his mind.

“He said yes,” Liam exclaimed loudly. “Zayn Malik said he’d go out with me!”

“Good for you,” Niall said, clapping his friend’s shoulder. “That’s amazing.”

Liam just nodded once, and then bounded away. Louis then turned to Niall, and whispered, “Good. Now Liam will be occupied with Zayn, and then we’ll be able to spend more time together during the weekend.”

“Liam and I have Sundays, from four to six set aside for us to spend time together,” Niall retorted, “and he won’t just break that just so he can spend time with Zayn.”

Zayn chose that moment to walk up to the two boys, and then he held out his hand to Niall. “Dude, I just want to say one thing: thank you for making my best mate happy. He’s been pining after you for almost three years now, and I’m just happy to know that you finally gave him the time of day. Of course, it seemed like it took me to get suspended. Oh, and also, I’m sorry if I’ve been rude to you for the past three years. I never meant to hurt you, I promise. I guess I was just so wrapped up in becoming popular, and I never really thought of you as being someone popular, so I’m extremely sorry, Niall.”

Niall could tell Zayn was being sincere, so he just nodded once, and said, “Its okay, Malik. I forgive you.”