Chapter Thirty

Niall and Zayn walked through the door of the police station, and Niall couldn’t help but smiling. Today was the day that they were going to start digging around for the truth behind the attempted murder of Harry Styles.

They walked up to the lady behind the desk.

“Excuse us,” Zayn said, quickly. The receptionist looked up quickly, and Niall watched as Zayn smiled at her. “Can you tell us who’s in charge of the case to find out who tried killing Harry Styles?”

“Who wants to know?” the receptionist asked.

“We’re friends of Harry,” Zayn said, smoothly, smiling at the lady. “We think we have some information for the cops.”

The lady looked at Niall and Zayn closely as though she was studying them, and trying to figure out if they were to be trusted, or whether she should just kick them out right then.

Eventually, she let out a sigh, and said, “Go on back, second door on your right. The plaque should say Deputy Clyde on it. Be warned though, he might not be too pleased to have a couple kids breathing down his neck about this.”

Niall and Zayn, however, paid no attention, and walked down the hallway until they found the door that the receptionist had described. Niall knocked on it with three, concise knocks, and then waited.

When they heard a gruff voice call, “Enter,” they walked in.

There, behind a wood desk, sat a man with white hair. He had ice-blue eyes, and was tapping furiously at the computer. “Stupid technology,” he muttered.

“Hello?” Niall said, politely.

The man, who Niall took to be Deputy Clyde, looked up, and let out a groan. “Why are there two pesky kids in my office?” he growled.

“We have some information about the attempted murder of Harry Styles,” Zayn said, quickly.

“That case is private. We don’t want to give any information out.”

“We have information,” Niall stated. “We’re not looking for it.”

“We have all the information we need right now,” Deputy Clyde growled. “But, if you want to leave your name and a way of contacting you, I will get a hold of you if I decide to change my mind.”

“Don’t you want to know a possible suspect?” Zayn growled. “We’re close friends of Harry Styles, and we know more about him then you could! We have a fucking insight to his life and you’re acting as though we are just little kids.”

“Don’t think I don’t know who you are,” Deputy Clyde growled. He pointed a finger at Zayn. “You’re Zayn Malik. Until a couple months ago, you detested Harry Styles. And this guy you’re with,” he pointed to Niall as well. And then he turned to Niall, and said, “You’re Niall Horan. You also didn’t like Harry for a while there. I was told there was a huge dispute between the two of you at your school a few months ago.” His blue eyes slanted down at the two boys. “And then suddenly you guys all seemed so buddy buddy, along with Mr. Styles cousin, Liam Payne. From my source, you three are all viable suspects of this. And, I don’t trust suspects’ words. So, I have all the suspects I need, Mr. Malik.”

“I showed up at the fucking scene of the crime shortly after he got shot!” Niall shouted. “And it was right before our first date. Why in the world would I try killing my date?”

“Don’t expect me to understand your sick, twisted mind!” Deputy Clyde shouted. “I just need the proof that you killed him. And I will find the proof. Now, if you don’t want me to arrest you now for meddling in an ongoing investigation, I’d advise you to get out of my office.” When Niall and Zayn hesitated, he growled, “Now!”

Zayn pulled Niall and muttered, “It’s not worth getting arrested,” and walked out of the office. Niall followed him close behind, and could feel the anger boiling up in his chest. This stupid fucking deputy thought that it was his fault that his boyfriend had ended up in the hospital, thought it was his fault that his boyfriend could’ve died.

“Hey, are you okay?” Zayn asked as they walked out into the parking lot to Zayn’s car.

Niall punched the sleek car, and left a slight dent in the silvery-metal. He looked at his knuckle to see that it was bleeding, and then he grimaced.

“Dude, you punched my car!” Zay exclaimed. He then saw Niall’s bloody knuckle, and whispered, “Are you okay?”

“I’m just fine,” Niall growled, getting into the car, and slamming the door shut. He just wanted to get home, and find a way of getting all this pent up anger out of his system. He didn’t want to punch another expensive car.

I've been lazy with this book, but here you guys go :D What do you guys think of Deputy Clyde? Is he a nay or a yay? Do you think any of his accusations hold truth? (As in, do you think that Liam or Zayn could've tried killing Harry?) Dedication to my #1 Fan :D