Chapter Seventeen

Hi guys. I hope this is a happier chapter for you guys. Oh, and the dedication is because she was super nice and went back to all chapters she DID NOT comment on, and posted nice stuff on the chapters. So, yeah, I love you for doing it. You know who you are (because of the dedication).

It was about a week after Harry had confessed his feelings to Niall, and Niall was sitting in his room, thinking it over. How did he feel about Harry? He knew he was tired of fighting with him, and wanted his friend back, but did he want him back as more than a friend? Did he really love Louis, or was it all some kind of way to hide his feelings for Harry? He’d seen that happening on multiple movies he’d watch with his mum.

The good thing so far was that Lou hadn’t hit him again. That was because he’d made sure that he was on time for everything, and he meant everything. He didn’t want to see that side of Lou again, not when it scared him so much. As long as he was good, then that side should never reemerge.

Niall was still sorting out these thoughts when he heard his mum call, “Niall, there’s a young man here at the door asking for you.”

Niall let out a silent curse word. He walked down stairs, and right into Zayn Malik. Niall startled for a second, surprised to see the dark-haired boy in his house, or that Zayn even remembered where he lived.

“Zayn?” Niall asked. For some reason, he just needed confirmation that this was the same boy who had tormented him, but was now his friend. Well, at least he thought Zayn was his friend again.

“Hey, Niall,” Zayn said smoothly. “Can we talk in your room?” He looked at Niall’s mum, and when she nodded, he smiled. However, he must’ve realized it was wrong not to ask Niall for permission too, because he looked towards Niall.

“Yeah,” Niall said, smiling. Although, it was a little forced. He wasn’t sure if he really wanted to talk to Zayn, all alone in his room. What if this was going to be some kind of hazing thing? And did his mum really not remember Zayn? Because if that was the case, he was really going to start worrying about her.

“Good,” Zayn said, smiling. “Do you still have the same room?” When Niall nodded, Zayn smiled, and headed towards the upstairs. Niall sighed, and followed Zayn up to his room.

When he got up to his room, he was surprised to see Zayn studying the picture of him and Niall that Niall still hadn’t taken down. It was no longer the only picture up there anymore though. There were pictures of Niall and Harry, Niall and Louis, and Niall and Liam as well. They were in a collage format, but the Zayn picture was right in the center. Niall had built his collage around the picture of his first friend he’d ever had.

“You kept this thing?” Zayn asked.

“Yeah,” Niall replied. “It was during your twelfth birthday party. It was the first time I was ever invited to your house. It’s important to me.”

Zayn only nodded once, and smiled at him. “Okay, now to get down to the seriousness of why I’m here. Louis has been ignoring me for a while, and when I confronted him about it today during P.E., he told me that it was because I’m obviously jealous because he’s been spending so much time with you, and not enough time with him. Do you know where he would get that idea from?”