iwaoi ➳ colors

Oikawa let out a shaky breath, stuffing his trembling hands deeper into the pockets of his jeans. He buried his nose in his muffler, sniffing in the lingering scent of cinnamon.

He was freezing, but he had to get out.

Who cares if it was four in the morning?

As his worn-down converse padded down the trail, he let his hazel eyes wander until they landed on a figure walking his way. He tensed up slightly, as the other man walked by, but their shoulders bumped against each other.

Oikawa gasped, his surroundings bursting into color, as if ineffable colors were spilled across his monochrome canvas.

He whipped around, tugging on the jacket sleeve of the dark green eyed stranger.

"D-Do you see it too?" Oikawa asked, suddenly desperate for an answer.

"See what?"

"The colors," He whispered, his voice wavering, fingertips curling tighter around the cotton sleeve belonging to his "soulmate."

"Colors? What are you talking about?"

"Oh, nevermind, " He choked out, heartbroken once again, he hurriedly released his sleeve, tripping over his own feet as he backed away.

"Are you sure?" The tanned man answered, confusing lacing his voice.

"Nothing. It was nothing."

The stranger's eyebrows furrowed, his eyes trailing after the retreating figure clad in a faded pastel blue sweater and ripped black jeans.

He couldn't see the tears flowing out of the Oikawa's clouded hazel eyes, sparkling as the sunlight hit them, right before they reached the ground and burst apart.

Nothing. It was nothing, and it always would be.

~✩~

I was originally suppose to publish a fluffy Kagehina drabble, but I accidentally deleted it djksjdksk.

So, why not some angst. ;)

This was based off of a text post I saw lol.

Written July 12, 2016