bokuaka ➳ sunset

his slender fingers intertwined with ones that belonged to an anxious hand. ones that were picking at the grass, dirt lodging itself beneath the short nails.

he didn't like it, the thick feeling that was suffocating him, even if they were seating out in the open, the breeze tousling his hair so that it covered his eyes. he didn't want his companion to utter a single word, hell, he just wanted to sprint to any place that his long strides could take him, far away from this horrible place.

six minutes.

just a few more minutes, just 360 seconds left to be exact, and all good things would come to an end. it was stupid really, how apprehensive they both were even though they knew this was bound to happen from the first kiss, the first 'i love you.'

"i just-"

"i know," he gulped quietly, restraining himself from glancing over and engulfing the latter in a tight embrace. instead, he shifted over a few inches. it's not like it mattered anyways, the distance between them was already vast enough.

reluctantly, he tore his hand away and with a deep, shuddering breath, he looked up at the sky. the setting sun had stained the clouds a soft shade of incarnadine, and rays of sunlight hit the strands of grass beneath his sweaty palms.

four minutes.

"no matter what happens, i'll be here. even if i'm not physically with you, i'll always be here. you know that right?" a small voice whispered, surprising him. it was unlike the boisterous voice that bounced off the echoing walls of the gym at four in the morning, and that broke him even more.

he hummed, watching as the sun descended downwards, below the silhouettes of the hills.

"say something, just say anything. please, i don't want to lose you even more than i already have."

he screwed his eyes shut, gnawing at his bottom lip until he could taste the sharp tang of iron lacing his tongue.

'anything but this, please,' he pleaded silently, wishing for this to end, but at the same time, he wished for it to last.

the sound of grass rustling and a sudden gush of cold air brought him back, and he blinked his eyes open twice.

the sun had disappeared and the moon had taken its place among the stars instead. he shuddered, it was over now, but here he was again, the hollow feeling of solitude filling him.

~~

i haven't written in a very long time, and i think my writing style has changed a bit?

my semi-hiatus/hiatus will continue until june because finals are coming up and stress from school. sorry guys, but i hope to be back soon!

♥️♥️♥️

written on may 25th, 2017