Author's Note

I've been wanting to write a bit of a romantic thriller, and I saw in the news that former Led Zeppelin guitarist, Jimmy Page (one of my biggest musical crushes), might be knighted by the Queen of England some time soon. So why not make a Led Zeppelin fan-fiction/ hard-cord love story? Clever name for the book, huh?

I know that nobody pays any mind to the Author’s note, the prolouge, or the introduction in the first place, but if you’re one of those strange people who actually read the sleeve as well, then this should suit you nicely. This is the very first published Led Zeppelin historical fiction/ romance (or “fan-fiction” for people who can’t grasp the concept of a romantic history) and I take great pride in that. But I digress.

If you’re reading this in the first place, it’s probably because you love Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page as much as I do. I’ve done more research for this book and the single concert in Baltimore that is the focus of the entire book than anything ever, which is saying a lot because as a Beatlemaniac, one might figure I’ve done a lot of research on the Beatles. Well, I have, but I cannot tell you how many times I’ve visited Led Zeppelin Official’s website or jimmypage.com. From what I gathered, James Patrick Page (born on January 9th in 1944 in Surrey, England) is an all-around nice and talented guy. I’ve never met him, much as it upsets me, and I suppose I never will, but it’s always fun to write stories and dream. Just the hours that I’ve sat, listening to I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, In Through the Out Door, or Coda, writing, should tell you’ve I’ve worked hard on this story. It’s certainly not my greatest, but it’s my favorite. 

In this tale, you will follow both the lives of Vicky and Jimmy through reality and even thoughts and will be taken through America in 1972 during Led Zeppelin’s ’72 North American Tour. Any fraudulent or false information can be read, instead, as fiction rather than non-fiction. Most information, however, is truthfully based. 

This story is a work of fiction. All characters besides that of Led Zeppelin belong to the author. All names and places circulating around Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin’s 1972 North American Tour, or the concert in Baltimore, Maryland on Sunday, June 11, 1972, are works of non-fiction but cannot be cited due to the amount of lost resources. All incidents are either products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events during Led Zeppelin’s 1972 North American Tour is entirely coincidental and does not, upon further research, infringe any copyrights of anything related with Led Zeppelin, their tour, Swan Song, or any other associated label. This story is simply for the pleasure of Led Zeppelin fans and Jimmy Page fans world-round and should not be used as a resource for anything as the themes in the story cannot be proven with 100% certainty. 

As a little insight into the American mentality of 1972, let me take some time to reflect on the infamous year. 1972; Nixon was president, hippies were still “counter-cultures”, and the war in Vietnam was drawing to a long end. Six days after the day that this book takes place, Watergate is committed and is later tried in 1973. People have a growing distaste for Nixon and his Vietnamization ideals, and many hold protests not only against war but against him, massing in numbers greater than before after the Kent State incident in ‘70. The Boys are making their way home, families are either reunited or in mourning, and it seems that the only good thing about this year is anything but the political aspect of it. Bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and the Rolling Stones dominated the charts, and a new era of rock music and rock culture is evolving.  Led Zeppelin has created a new manifesto, a new creed to rock; rather than add a psychedelic, poppy sound to the music, they mixed blues, rock, and folk to make Hard Rock. The world lost Jim Morrison, as well as their trust in their president and government, and this year will go down in history as one of the most sinister years of all time. Yet, even past the looming possibility of another civil war against Nixon, Vicky Sorentino and other attendees or fans of bands like Led Zeppelin can find a little light-- salvage a little happiness-- when the houselights dim and the soft sound of murmurs begin, all very prepared for something great, something better, to happen.

Disclaimer: If you don't know who Led Zeppelin is, this story isn't for you

But I'll help you anyway-- Led Zeppelin is a famous hard-rock English band ranging from 1968 to 1980.

Members:

-Singer: Robert Plant (“Golden God”, “Robbie”, “Rob”, “Planty”, “Percy”)

-Guitarist: Jimmy Page (“Jimbert”, “Jim”, “Pagey”)

-Precisionist/ bassist: John Paul Jones (“JPJ”, “Jonsey”)

-Drummer: John Bonham (“Bonzo”)

-Manager: Peter Grant (“G”, “Pete”)

-Tour manager: Richard Cole (“Ricardo”)